Thread: Discussing your pets’ toys

Discussing your pets’ toys

It is ridiculous that DH and I spend actual time discussing the whereabouts of toy mice around here.
    Our tiny cat has three mice toys she loves: pink mouse, yellow mouse, blue mouse. She carries them around and talks to them, usually at night when we’re asleep. It is our job to find the mice and put them back in one place where she can find them.

At the moment, yellow mouse is missing. We are talking about where yellow mouse could be.
    I am not a serious person.

Our dog loves her squeaky toy--any squeaky toy. So we have several but she somehow breaks them. It is our defense to get her off the bed when we want to get in or make the bed, because she is a bed hog. She is more motivated by the squeaky toy than food.

It seems like we talk an awful lot about what the cats ate (or didn't eat). They are old and perpetually finicky. Our male Siamese used to drag a piece of string around howling and then try to hump it.

Toys are important! And surely a pet has more important things to focus on than where those toys are. After all, they have people to take care of keeping track of the toys!

That said, long ago my sister had a wonderful but high maintenance dog. Half Sheppard/half Rottweiler. Every time i would come to visit she’d run and get current favorite toy and put it in my lap as soon as I sat down. How better to say ‘I’m glad you’re here’ than to share the best toy with me.

My guys don't have any particularly interesting toy behaviors. There are toys scattered here and there, and I do notice that Raymond has his 3 oldest toys that are his favorites. Louie seems to favor the toy mice, some of which are startlingly realistic looking.

Today our little cat’s toys came up in conversation with our vet. Our little cat has a cold and we’ve been paying attention to her toys to see if they move around at night. They do.

So she’s had this cold for two weeks that came on after I had her shaved. Oh gosh, I will not do that again! But anyway, the fact that she plays with toys at night is a major indicator that she still feels fine. She’s eating fine and her weight was good. She had no fever. Her lungs are clear. But she is a brachychephalic cat with a cold in her nose so that’s hard on her breathing.

They now can give antibiotics to cats with a shot that lasts two weeks. Hallelujah!

okay-----my pett catts really don't have a buncha toys; they have each other, and of course houseflies in the light fixture and kitchen window, etc. yup. i do have one a them things made of a coat hanger with a shoe lace, and a laser pen that has gone missing. but yeah---the playful ones play cat games with each other, chasing around and i have scratches to show for it, when they take a short cut across me in hot pursuit. today was one a them cold, windy and damp & overcast zurra days, and mommy wanted out, so i let her. anyway, wasn't very long and she needed back in, again. yup. hope that helps you kids some. thankk mee

Maybe there's a laser pointer thief on the loose. We've got a cat who's more like a dog, and it's one of his favorite toys. He's 12 years old, and still all I have to do is stand by the catch-all basket and ask, "do you wanna play?" and he's up on the table waiting for The Dot. ("Strings, Strings!" will also bring him running.) This week The Dot disappeared, much to everyone's displeasure - maybe he was trying to use it on his own?

My dog loves her toys, but she's rough on them. I have an ER area in my closet where, in the past, Lambchop was waiting to have her ripped open neck sewed, Mr. Moose (a double amputee already) was awaiting to have his remaining two legs removed PLUS his one antler taken off. GG, the little gingerbread lady, needed a section of her head removed and sewn up again; this gave her head a not-so-round shape. Sadly these toys are now in fluffy toy heaven.

Maple is a 6 lb. chihuahua cross. So far the only toys that have held up are from a brand called GoDog. Their material is really tough but soft. The toys are mostly dinosaurs. Hopefully Pinky, Dino and Dragon will last a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    My dog loves her toys, but she's rough on them. I have an ER area in my closet where, in the past, Lambchop was waiting to have her ripped open neck sewed, Mr. Moose (a double amputee already) was awaiting to have his remaining two legs removed PLUS his one antler taken off. GG, the little gingerbread lady, needed a section of her head removed and sewn up again; this gave her head a not-so-round shape. Sadly these toys are now in fluffy toy heaven.

Maple is a 6 lb. chihuahua cross. So far the only toys that have held up are from a brand called GoDog. Their material is really tough but soft. The toys are mostly dinosaurs. Hopefully Pinky, Dino and Dragon will last a while.
    my bulldog has jaws that could practically sever my arm if he chose to chomp down on it, and he sure goes after his rubber bones and Nyla bones. But when he steals our tiny cat’s little fabric mice, he is oh so delicate with those mice! it’s funny to see those little mice in his powerful jaws.

We always take the mice away from him whenever we notice he has one because they are her toys, not his. And that’s why he steals them from her because they’re hers, they’re not even something he likes to play with.

Thread Information