Thread: Blood test

Blood test

So I’m doing my annual ‘well visit’ next week. Did basic blood work up for it and shocker, my cholesterol panel came back completely normal. It hasn’t been normal in years. My LDL and triglycerides were always marginally high. Apparently my new diet to deal with the diabetes also helped that. And the diet seems to have helped with the diabetes. I went from an A1C of 5.9 to 5.8. The only bummer was that my fasting glucose is 120. But that’s about where it was a year ago.

Excellent! My CBC numbers weren’t great this time around. Need to make diet changes.
    I am not a serious person.

JP, what new diet are you using? I need to know as that is about where I am at except A1C went from 6/1 to 6 which is not great.

Hmmmm, it appears I was looking at last year’s blood test. The most recent blood test hasn’t been loaded.

My A1c last year was 5.3. Fasting Glucose was 88.

Given my atrocious diet, this is all genetics. And I will bet these numbers are higher this time around.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    JP, what new diet are you using? I need to know as that is about where I am at except A1C went from 6/1 to 6 which is not great.
    Previously I was eating a bagel for breakfast 5 days a week and a sandwich for lunch. Now I’m eating plain yogurt with fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Other than that I will still eat carbs as part of dinner but watch portion size and frequency. I’m currently taking one pill a day of the lowest dose of metformin and take it before dinner. I’ve also switched to low carb tortillas since I eat a lot of them for things like breakfast burritos on the weekend.

Thread Information