Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFH = unrealistic if you lack skills

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So this is one of the advantages if you wind up lucky enough to stay married for a LOOOONG time. DH and I will celebrate our 50th (as long as both of us survive) in 3 years. I don't care what he does. He doesn't care what I do.We appreciate our time together and our time apart. IMHO we both deserve whatever pleasure we get from whatever it might be, as long as it doesn't negatively affect either of us. I have no ego in his preferences. That may sound cold, but as Kahlil Gibran says, "But let there be spaces in your togetherness,/ And let the winds of the heavens dance between you." Time to dance!
    I celebrate our individual autonomy and support everyone’s path in finding their groove, their joy in life. There is no ONE path.

Someone on another forum is moaning because her husband, nearing retirement, wants to do extensive travel. She doesn’t like doing that herself and she thinks he should spend his free time “helping others” as SHE is doing. I just…the self centeredness of choosing someone else’s joy path is extreme.

Ugh. This guy just took a multi-week trip to one of my favorite countries and I think it is so great that this guy just takes off to travel intensely. DH is going to Switzerland this summer and I am not, because I don’t want to. But it is great that DH is going, I want him to have fun.

To those who like to travel, go forth and travel, and forget about those who do not value that activity!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-3-24 at 9:54am.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I celebrate our individual autonomy and support everyone’s path in finding their groove, their joy in life. There is no one path.

Someone on another forum is moaning because her husband, nearing retirement, wants to do extensive travel. She doesn’t like doing that herself and she thinks he should spend his free time “helping others” as SHE is doing. I just…the self centeredness of choosing someone else’s joy path is extreme.

Ugh. This guy just took a multi-week trip to one of my favorite countries and I think it is so great that this guy just takes off to travel intensely. DH is going to Switzerland this summer and I am not, because I don’t want to. But it is great that DH is going, I want him to have fun.

To those who like to travel, go forth and travel, and forget about those who do not value that activity!
    Yes.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I totally agree with you both, catherine and IL. Being married (or with someone and not married) does not mean being joined at the hip!

On the side, IL, if I may ask, where in Switzerland is your dh going? I was there at the end of the 1980's and it is one of my best vacation memories! I hope he has a good time.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I totally agree with you both, catherine and IL. Being married (or with someone and not married) does not mean being joined at the hip!

On the side, IL, if I may ask, where in Switzerland is your dh going? I was there at the end of the 1980's and it is one of my best vacation memories! I hope he has a good time.
    St. Galen area close to Lichtenstein, and always, they go to Appenzel.

He goes there every few years since he has family there. His mother came from .

I ‘ve been there often enough that I don’t need to go back.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    St. Galen area close to Lichtenstein, and always, they go to Appenzel.

He goes there every few years since he has family there. His mother came from .

I ‘ve been there often enough that I don’t need to go back.
    I hope he has a great trip!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information