Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm struggling with the concept of voting this time around.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    The AZ abortion thing has tipped me to voting for Grandpa Joe. I will have to hold my nose while doing it.
    WOW!!! Do you want to be WOWED, too? I think I would have voted for Nikki Haley were she an option. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    WOW!!! Do you want to be WOWED, too? I think I would have voted for Nikki Haley were she an option. Rob
    Yes, I would have voted for Nikki. Now if Grandpa Joe gets incapacitated in office, we get stuck with Kamala, who will suck donkey balls. Talk about a DEI VP.

The AZ abortion thing has tipped me to voting for Grandpa Joe. I will have to hold my nose while doing it.
    I actually happen to agree with DJ Trump about abortion (leave it up to the states) but that doesn’t mean I’m going to vote for him even though abortion is very high on my list as an issue.

Where that issue comes into play is at my state level. Which reminds me, I need to hustle to find a place to sign the petition to get this on the ballot in Missouri. We have only until May 1 to get the correct number of signatures, and what I found was that my signature is very much in demand because they need x number of signatures from each Congressional district and my district is one of the conservative ones.
    I am not a serious person.

Yes, I would have voted for Nikki. Now if Grandpa Joe gets incapacitated in office, we get stuck with Kamala, who will suck donkey balls. Talk about a DEI VP.
    One, two, three.....don't go into cardiac arrest, IL, ok? I agree with you about Kamala Harris - and this comes from someone who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and I am still down with this choice to this day. So why am I against Harris? She has made a large number of cringy gaffes that I have seen only by virtue to going to youtube and watching them on Sky New Australia's account. One was so bad that she claimed, while giving a press briefing in the demilitarized zone in Korea that the US and NORTH KOREA have had a years long cooperative and prosperous relationship - yep, she said NORTH KOREA. And the US Press gave her a free pass on that.

I believe it's long overdue that a woman ran this country......and I support this, I truly do. Just not this particular woman, just like I say regarding DJT - not this particular man. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    One, two, three.....don't go into cardiac arrest, IL, ok? I agree with you about Kamala Harris - and this comes from someone who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and I am still down with this choice to this day. So why am I against Harris? She has made a large number of cringy gaffes that I have seen only by virtue to going to youtube and watching them on Sky New Australia's account. One was so bad that she claimed, while giving a press briefing in the demilitarized zone in Korea that the US and NORTH KOREA have had a years long cooperative and prosperous relationship - yep, she said NORTH KOREA. And the US Press gave her a free pass on that.

I believe it's long overdue that a woman ran this country......and I support this, I truly do. Just not this particular woman, just like I say regarding DJT - not this particular man. Rob
    Actually I was the one who said that about Kamala, not IL. LOL

Actually I was the one who said that about Kamala, not IL. LOL
    Oops! You are right. Sorry. Rob

I can't in good conscience vote for either of these prez candidates so I will either do a write-in or a blank. Fate has a way of throwing surprises at us so hang on to your hats, ie our choices may change.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I can't in good conscience vote for either of these prez candidates so I will either do a write-in or a blank. Fate has a way of throwing surprises at us so hang on to your hats, ie our choices may change.
    What, specifically, is wrong with Biden for you? From my perspective he’s done a competent job of getting a surprising amount of his agenda put into law, he’s attempted to do things in a bipartisan fashion, and I trust that he won’t attempt to overthrow the government if he loses reelection because he’s not a sad sack sore loser.

No presidential election is going to be determined by how someone in California votes, the state will go for Biden no matter what. If I want to send an anti-Trump message I may vote Biden (quite likely). If I'm in a very bad mood and disgusted with all, I'll leave it blank or vote some obscure 3rd party that exists only in California or something.

I'll vote because there will be more to the election than just president, gotta vote on the propositions even though they are almost all bad and deeply demoralizing these days. They are just whatever vested interest has tons of money to run a garbage proposition mostly (so maybe just to make sure all the bad stuff fails, even if it is all corrupt and incredibly demoralizing to even have to do this)
    Trees don't grow on money

For me, there is absolutely no question. The choice is between a president who seems to be taking the most humane, most beneficial course for all Americans (not just the ultra-rich), and for the world in general in a time of possible global war....and a narcissistic, impulsive, lying, megalomaniacal grifter who is out for absolute power and revenge and who doesn't understand or care about economics or global politics, or even common kindergarten virtues of kindness, compromise, sharing, and the Golden Rule. In short, Biden is doing about the best I think anybody could, even though I don't agree w/what he does 100%, and Trump is a destructive nutcase who will take down our country if he regains the helm. I will vote Democrat down the line. Leaving a ballot blank or voting for a 3rd party (RFK, Jr? don't make me laugh) would be tantamount to giving up, IMHO

Thread Information