Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think over the last couple days that I will not name a place for our remains. We are being cremated, so ashes consider around for a while until the people who remain decide what to do with them. I could put a note in my legacy file of what appropriate Ash gathering would be even though I don’t really care.

if we buy a burial plot though, it’s not thousands of dollars. If in your home guy estimated $350 to $500 at the Catholic cemetery.

That book rate reminds me of the time that we set up our trust. Well, there was a lot of back-and-forth about decision-making in the trust, there was tons of tedious detail to get assets placed *in* the trust. That was a pain in the ass and not one I’m looking forward to revisiting.
Just saw something the other day about cremated remains being "turned into" rocks! Can't remember where or what the cost was, etc, but it was interesting that, instead of receiving a box of ashes, it was rocks. Easily "scattered" where ever and, as far as I know, not illegal to do so.