Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Making life easier for your family...

I've wondered if storing passwords in a little desktop digital wallet would be a good place to store pass words. It would be somewhat secure since you would need a password to acess things, but it would only be one password and in a central location? If a person changes their passwords routinely like you're supposed to it's sort of an ongoing task regardless of how passwords are kept.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I've wondered if storing passwords in a little desktop digital wallet would be a good place to store pass words. It would be somewhat secure since you would need a password to acess things, but it would only be one password and in a central location? If a person changes their passwords routinely like you're supposed to it's sort of an ongoing task regardless of how passwords are kept.
    I use the built in password keeper in Safari on my iPhone and iPad. Synced between the two. As long as you have iPhone passcode and Apple ID logon, you’re good. That’s what I’m putting in my book. I also use passkeys when possible now instead of passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Thanks, toomuchstuff, just ordered one for me and one for my husband. Looks good.

Hope it helps. There are lots of things that I thought I may forget if I tried to do it by hand. I figured if the book helped me remember something, SO worth it.
    Still haven't finished either as I am somewhat trying to figure out what to pare down now, rather then leave in a will, etc.

Years ago I gave everyone in the household a little notebook to write down their websites and passwords. Don't know how many of them have kept it up.

I do the financials in the household and have repeatedly tried to get dh to share in it all - even just UNDERSTAND it and know where things are! He will start out well, but then just not want to be bothered. Fortunately I'm organized and most things are all in one place. This thread, however, is a reminder that I do need to up my game on several aspects of information. Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This is on my list for ongoing chores...Passwords are the worst part. I have a good start. My husband did fine when I broke my hip and was in a home for 7 weeks, but he visited me every day so I could guide him. Thanks for the reminder.

So,I drafted my own obituary today after visiting the funeral home for locking in funeral plans. We are going with a basic memorial service and cremation. I am splurging on flowers for myself, but not for DH, so I allocated $500 for flowers. Yes, that is a lot! But appropriate for me, and I will leave instructions as to what kind of flowers (hint: iris and lilies would be correct!)

It’s going to run around $4700 for each of us.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So,I drafted my own obituary today after visiting the funeral home for locking in funeral plans. We are going with a basic memorial service and cremation. I am splurging on flowers for myself, but not for DH, so I allocated $500 for flowers. Yes, that is a lot! But appropriate for me, and I will leave instructions as to what kind of flowers (hint: iris and lilies would be correct!)

It’s going to run around $4700 for each of us.
    Well done! When I buried my parents and grandparents, I added a niche for me, so I've taken care of that. B ut I have not prepaid cremation as I don't know where I will be living. I know it is transferrable, but I'd rather put money aside and tell the family how to do it at the time, so they know what to do.

Yay! IrisLilies. That's very reasonable for the funeral costs. We have our gravestone already, but no funeral plans. It's behind our house in the local cemetery and I like to go look at it...get my money's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Yay! IrisLilies. That's very reasonable for the funeral costs. We have our gravestone already, but no funeral plans. It's behind our house in the local cemetery and I like to go look at it...get my money's worth!
    That is cool. I buried my loved ones where my mom and I were born, but now it's super expensive there, a resort area, so I like to think I own a little real estate there, a final home.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I don’t know where our remains will end up. That will be a whole Nother bunch of money going out. Right now I’m thinking for DH, his ashes can be buried in the Catholic cemetery in Hermann, which is high on a hill and overlooks our property. I like the idea of him watching over at his vegetable and fruit tree operation, although probably the next people in our house will rip out all of that stuff.

as for my remains, DH shows no interest in having it planned out so that’s fine with me, if he wants my ashes to sit around I guess that’s OK but I think he should be proactive and making a decision.

On the other hand, if all the decisions that require immediate attention upon my death are made, if my ashes sit around for a while until DH has a clear head, that doesn’t hurt anything.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information