Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Making life easier for your family...

okay-----about what you said, faux----you can also authorize the mortuary to dumpster the cremains. that's zackly what my sister suggested we do with the moms' ashes. yup. but noooo---after being stored here in a cabinet for nearly two decades, i discreetly spread them on her familys' plot up in IWAH. yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    okay-----about what you said, faux----you can also authorize the mortuary to dumpster the cremains. that's zackly what my sister suggested we do with the moms' ashes. yup. but noooo---after being stored here in a cabinet for nearly two decades, i discretely spread them on her familys' plot up in IWAH. yup.
    Iowa law calls for sellers of real estate to disclose when human ashes have been spread on it. Of course, we did not do that with DH’s father’s property when his ashes were spread on his farm. Yeah, I would imagine there’s plenty of Humboldt area farmland with human ashes.

You are more sentimental about stuff than your sister, apparently
    I am not a serious person.

okay-----IWAH law calls for a LOT of things, to show how conscientious and caring they all are about everything! ha. i figure it's a dense smoke screen concealing how they REALLY treat the land and other non-renewable resources and exploit people. yup. kind of like ted bundy (or eddie haskell) being soooo charming and personable. ha. hope that helps you some. yup. thankk mee.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    DH has been sick for over two years. Several times I did not think he was going to make it.

I have a joint safety deposit box with my kids and DH. Every account number, password with addresses and names of utilities, phone numbers and so on are in there. I print up latest account statements about every 6 months to update it. Our state laws won’t freeze the box if the kids are also on it. I told the kids to empty the box before telling the bank of the death if it’s both of us.

my husband and sister in law are selling the family house and no issues. 50-50 and both are keeping meticulous expense recording.

I hope your DH is doing better, Flowers.

That is a long time to be sick. I hope your dh is improving/has improved.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Made it harder today, they are going to have to put up with me for a while longer, still dying, just not as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Made it harder today, they are going to have to put up with me for a while longer, still dying, just not as fast.
    That sounds like good news? I hope?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That sounds like good news? I hope?

Depends on if you were one of the women I met, just after they met their future husband. LOL
    I missed my Molly chance.

Thread Information