Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing out old Gift Cards

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My problem is that I don't often frequent any of the places for which I have gift cards. I have starbucks and Panera bread and costco gift cards and honestly the only chain places I regularly go to are Safeway and Taco Bell. I keep a simple wallet so I'm not going to carry these cards around for years until they get used. Maybe I could download the Starbucks and Panera apps and put the cards in there electronically on the off chance that I one day find myself in one of their stores.

Tell me about it. Years ago, we used to get gift certificates for Xmas, and I had lots of AMC theater certificates, but didn't go to see movies. Over the years I ended up farming them out to my nieces as they grew up.
    Would have much rather had the cash, from people who knew I didn't go to the movies.

Aside from the odd Visa gift card for something at work, I haven’t gotten gift cards much in recent years. I think the last one I got was for a local Middle Eastern restaurant I love for my birthday from a friend. I used it within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My problem is that I don't often frequent any of the places for which I have gift cards. I have starbucks and Panera bread and costco gift cards and honestly the only chain places I regularly go to are Safeway and Taco Bell. I keep a simple wallet so I'm not going to carry these cards around for years until they get used. Maybe I could download the Starbucks and Panera apps and put the cards in there electronically on the off chance that I one day find myself in one of their stores.
    If you don’t want the Starbucks and Panera cards, give them away to people who will use them. Maybe SO has coworkers who would like them.

Thread Information