Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Widening War

A Widening War

So the Iranians and their proxies launched over 300 missiles and drones at Israel from Iran, Yemen, Iraq and Lebanon. The great majority of them were intercepted by Israeli, US, British, French and Jordanian forces. Damage inflicted on Israel seems to have been fairly limited.

Apparently the Israelis are still debating their response. The US has announced they would not participate in any counterattack. I can’t believe the results of the Iranian strike will add much to their prestige in the region.

Iran is the North Korea of the Middle East. Nothing they do makes sense. They’ve needed to be taken out years ago.

I see that after this weekend’s flagrant act of self-defense, outraged protesters decided to block traffic all over the US.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that after this weekend’s flagrant act of self-defense, outraged protesters decided to block traffic all over the US.
    They f*cked up Monday morning at O’Hare good. Blocked all 4 lanes of the highway into the airport. The ONLY surface way in. Protest all you want, but block the freeway? You deserve whatever motorists decide to dish out. Also a really good way to really piss off people who might otherwise be on your side.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I have a different take on all of this. I'm thinking this could escalate to all of us being vaporized in a blinding flash of light. In that case, I realize that I am not without that of which to be grateful. I have found love in this crazy world, I managed to move up in a new industry AND get out of waiting tables (!!!!), I've had the chance to engage in activism and to stand up against this country. I've also been to Madrid and Marrakesh. I've prayed at St. Stevens Cathedral in the Homeland. I've relentlessly offshored all costs I realistically can to Mexico. I've had coffee in Innsbruck.

I could go on but I'll stop. Point being - I see this as a time to pause and reflect on something positive as we are in unchartered territory and who knows what is going to happen next in a world getting increasingly unstable? SO told me the other day that meeting me was the best thing that ever happened to him - and I feel the same way about him. If we all vaporize, at least I have known love. Rob

PS Phoenix would be likely to be on the vaporization list. We have Luke Air Force Base on the far West Side of the Valley and we also have Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant on the far far far west side of the end of suburbia. Juicy targets, no?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iran is the North Korea of the Middle East. Nothing they do makes sense. They’ve needed to be taken out years ago.
    I don't disagree that Iran is problematic and I truly wish it were not so. A close friend of my Mother's in Salzburg - her son married an Iranian woman and she has been nothing but wonderful to him - whereas to be honest, he experiences with Austrian women were not so positive. At any rate, she's a great cook and housekeeper, and he makes enough money to keep her at home, and they just had a daughter and I have so much respect for this man - marrying an Iranian is not exactly very Austrian. Beyond that, I've seen pictures of Tehran and it looks beautiful with tall snow covered Alp-like mountains in the background. Wonderul wool rugs are handwoven there to this day.

Were it not for religion and politics and the dark side of human nature, things could be so different for Iran - and for the rest of the world, too, meaning that we all could do without the racheting of tension between countries with nuclear weapons. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    They f*cked up Monday morning at O’Hare good. Blocked all 4 lanes of the highway into the airport. The ONLY surface way in. Protest all you want, but block the freeway? You deserve whatever motorists decide to dish out. Also a really good way to really piss off people who might otherwise be on your side.
    Happened all over the country. Coming as they did so soon after that mostly peaceful Iranian attack, you have to wonder who’s handling their schedules. Doubt they won a lot of hearts and minds in either case.

I see that Israel ignored Biden’s advice to “take the win” and do nothing. The Iranians referred to the attackers as “infiltrators” rather than “Israelis”, which may mean they won’t or can’t retaliate anytime soon. Looks like the forces of righteousness may be limiting themselves to annoying commuters and degrading higher education for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't disagree that Iran is problematic and I truly wish it were not so. A close friend of my Mother's in Salzburg - her son married an Iranian woman and she has been nothing but wonderful to him - whereas to be honest, he experiences with Austrian women were not so positive. At any rate, she's a great cook and housekeeper, and he makes enough money to keep her at home, and they just had a daughter and I have so much respect for this man - marrying an Iranian is not exactly very Austrian. Beyond that, I've seen pictures of Tehran and it looks beautiful with tall snow covered Alp-like mountains in the background. Wonderul wool rugs are handwoven there to this day.

Were it not for religion and politics and the dark side of human nature, things could be so different for Iran - and for the rest of the world, too, meaning that we all could do without the racheting of tension between countries with nuclear weapons. Rob
    The Iranian regime is shit. Many of its citizens long for a more open society, one they knew before the Allytolah took over.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that Israel ignored Biden’s advice to “take the win” and do nothing. The Iranians referred to the attackers as “infiltrators” rather than “Israelis”, which may mean they won’t or can’t retaliate anytime soon. Looks like the forces of righteousness may be limiting themselves to annoying commuters and degrading higher education for awhile.
    RE: degrading higer education

I was shocked and horrified to hear Quatar is pouring tons of money into elite American Universities. I heard this from one of Bari Weiss’ interviewees. This was in a discussion about major Jewish donors pulling their financial support from the Ivys after the train wreck at the Congressional hearings at recent Congressional hearings.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information