Thread: Tesla Cybertruck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Going to disagree with Alan here, as in my area of flyover country, we had a business, RESLA, that rented parking spots in our shopping center and rented out Tesla's and did a decent business (we are close to a supercharger). They pulled out last week, guessing they didn't like the landlords rent bill that includes their percentage of the property taxes and insurance. (typically doubles rent)

Bae, have a friend that spent over a million on cars in the last two years, two of those Ford Lightnings and three electric Mustangs. One of the trucks hasn't been driven much yet, but from all the reviews I have seen and a couple people I have talked to, the trucks don't seem like they will have the range of the cybertruck (still probably good for your island though). Just something to consider as to how often you need to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Going to disagree with Alan here, as in my area of flyover country, we had a business, RESLA, that rented parking spots in our shopping center and rented out Tesla's and did a decent business (we are close to a supercharger).
    Oh, we have our fair share of Tesla's, just haven't seen one of the Cybertrucks yet.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Going to disagree with Alan here, as in my area of flyover country, we had a business, RESLA, that rented parking spots in our shopping center and rented out Tesla's and did a decent business (we are close to a supercharger). They pulled out last week, guessing they didn't like the landlords rent bill that includes their percentage of the property taxes and insurance. (typically doubles rent)

Bae, have a friend that spent over a million on cars in the last two years, two of those Ford Lightnings and three electric Mustangs. One of the trucks hasn't been driven much yet, but from all the reviews I have seen and a couple people I have talked to, the trucks don't seem like they will have the range of the cybertruck (still probably good for your island though). Just something to consider as to how often you need to charge.
    The Ford F150 claims a range of 240->300 miles, depending on which model you get.

The Cybertruck claims 340 miles.

It's 80 miles from the mainland ferry landing to downtown Seattle. Plus 12.5 miles from my house to the ferry landing on this side. 185 miles round-trip to Seattle. The 240 mile version *might* just work for me, as I could in theory make it to Seattle and back without bothering to recharge.

Around the island, my Fiat500e has a notional range of ~110 miles, and I recharge it perhaps once a week by simply plugging it into a 120v outlet in my garage overnight.

I suspect the range of the electric trucks drops significantly if you are towing anything, but I rarely tow anything much more than a small boat, and then for only a few miles.

Thread Information