Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keffiyeh Kids

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That is a decent message to colleges.
    I agree
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

And our current President DID address the protesting and rioting, so good for him.
    I am not a serious person.

Modern day dirty hippies. I have no use for them. Notice it’s all students at expensive universities who are doing this. Don’t they have anything better and more useful to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    These seem to be sentiments they’ve honored more with words than deeds in recent years.

I see the cops have cleared that building at Columbia the Hamas sympathizers broke into. They issued demands for global Intifada and free food, but got zip ties instead. Jamaal Bowman decried the removal of these peaceful protesters. He should know, having cleared buildings single-handedly himself via fire alarm.

There’s a difference between Palestinian sympathizers and Hamas sympathizers. Kind of the same as acknowledging that not all republicans are loser trump sympathizers.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There’s a difference between Palestinian sympathizers and Hamas sympathizers. Kind of the same as acknowledging that not all republicans are loser trump sympathizers.
    firstly, I am surprised you recognize there’s a difference between Republicans in any way since I’ve not seen that in your posts.

Secondly, of course there are those who espouse general ideas of anti-war and support for Palestinian citizens who are experiencing horrific stuff right now. That would be most people in America.

But details matter. If you shout ” from the river to the sea “what does that really mean? When one drapes a keffiyah to show solidarity, who are you really siding with? Symbols and slogans can be interpreted many ways. Keffiyah Is a handsome and immediately recognizable pattern on cloth but also is associated with years of terrorist activity, amoung other associations.

It’s important to know that some 70% of Palestinians support the activities of Hamas on October 7. https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...n%20the%20war.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It’s important to know that some 70% of Palestinians support the activities of Hamas on October 7. https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...n%20the%20war.
    I don't know much about their elections, but that's a good point that I think gets overlooked by the news we get. Hamas seems to be the authority of choice to represent the people for much of their populations. I could wonder how closely connected at the hip they are, but they are certainly not two distinct groups to say the least.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I don't know much about their elections, but that's a good point that I think gets overlooked by the news we get. Hamas seems to be the authority of choice to represent the people for much of their populations. I could wonder how closely connected at the hip they are, but they are certainly not two distinct groups to say the least.
    but then it can be argued about the brutality of Hamas to their citizen Palestinians. Young Palestinians won’t know much of life outside of Hamas rule so they might not recognize their hardships are very much put into place by their rulers.

As usual I had to look it up. Humas was apparently elected in a free election in 2006, but that was the last free election and Palestine is basically a one party state now. So I guess I have no idea if the general population supports Humus and their aggressions and it does not seem to come up in the news features. I suspect the majority don't recognize Israel's right to exist.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information