Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony not guilty.........very curious

Casey Anthony not guilty.........very curious

I haven't been obsessed with this case, but kept my eye on what was happening every so often.
    I'm hearing that the defense only had circumstantial stuff and really no evidence.
    But what do you do with the fact that this woman was out partying while her daughter was missing? How do you deal with the fact that she didn't even tell her parents (the dead child's grandparents) that she was missing for a long time? What about the lies about everything???

I heard that the prosecution might have gotten more of what they wanted, had they not made it the death penalty, since some people don't want to be responsible for someone's death. (But isn't that asked when they are being interviewed for jurors?)

I would love to know what kind of a child Casey was when she was young.......did she lie all the time? Did she have any kind of bizarre behavior? But I guess you can't ask those things in a trial.

Its all very strange. I'm feeling sort of like I did when O.J. got acquitted.

I was following this case off and on. The fact that Casey's parents left sort of tells me enough. My only guess is that she got very lucky with the circumstantial evidence and got away with it.
    I hope that there will be justice for this child. One day.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I only saw the trial on occasion while on the treadmill at the gym--some of the other gym goers were obsessed with the case...don't know what to think about the verdict..the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth...that poor little girl gone, and the truth will never come out...seems there were untruths told by all parties...what really happened is shrouded in mystery wrapped in an enigma...
    peaceful, easy feeling

I thought of OJ, too.

I'm so glad it's over whatever the verdict. Watching the media sharks whip up the hysteria is sickening.

It's always important to remember that "not guilty" does NOT mean "innocent", but only that the prosecution was not able to PROVE the murder beyond a reasonable doubt. And in this case, the length of time before the body was found was long enough to destroy DNA evidence, no one was able to place Casey Anthony at a murder scene, or even where the body was found, and unfortunately, in our system, SHE didn't have to prove anything at all.

Now, despite the fact that she was found Not Guilty, I'm sure that for the rest of her life, she will be seen, just as O.J. has been, with scorn by most, but..........

It's hard in a state that has the death penalty, to get a conviction of a pretty, white, middle-class suburban young mother, who seems "just like us", even WITH more direct evidence, and with only circumstantial evidence, and no direct proof, which is a very different thing, she's going to walk.

I'm o.k. with allowing karma to do its work over time. I suspect this young woman is not going to have such a "Bella Vita" as she thought.

Do most think she was involved? Of course. But proving that in a court of law was a much more difficult thing for the prosecution with no DNA evidence, and no way to connect the mother with the child's death directly, despite all the things that "pointed" in that direction. She's clearly a pathological liar, clearly an incredibly self absorbed person, and clearly probably not someone you would view as a person of character or integrity, but that can't get her the death penalty, no matter how much she might "deserve" it.......

I thought the attention given to this case was absurd.

It's likely that she did it, but the prosecution didn't prove that. There are "unsolved" murder cases all over the country because the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to bring charges, but the cops usually know who did it.

Many people find the ambiguity of a case outcome like this to be an indictment of our legal system, but me--nope. The legal system worked even if the outcome wasn't the right one.

What's really bad in our current society is that Ms. Anthony will go out and write books and charge hefty fees to be on talk shows and to consult on The Casey Anthony Storytm. OTOH she's got a pretty high profile as a killer and I would bet that she'll have to spend some of that $$$ on bodyguards.

I just hope that some star-struck love-sick idiot man with children doesn't decide to pledge undying love to Ms. Anthony because how'd ya like to have that as a stepmom?

This thread almost has me interested enough to hit up Google to figure out who you're all talking about... almost.

NYT has an interesting article about it all.

I know I am not required to watch, and I am free to turn away, but Nancy Grace's antics and theatrics make a mockery of this child's life and death. It's so disgusting.

Thread Information