Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still sick

still sick

It is almost two weeks now and even after a course of antibiotics, my fever has returned to 102 today. It is really depressing to have this go on and on without any clue as to what it is. Neighbors are out celebrating with a Fourth of July parade and I am stuck inside feeling awful. I will go to the doc again tomorrow for another CBC but I am afraid their only suggestion will be more antibiotics. I am going to lose my job if I miss any more work...I need some positive moral support, anyone?

I am so sorry to hear that you are still not feeling better. I would definitely go to the doctor asap. As for your job, make sure you have the doctor's notes, they cannot fire you if you are under doctor's care.

You need something like a ct scan. I'm thinking abscess or maybe something funky like an infectious disease caused by an organism. West Nile? Lyme?
    What did your labs show? What was your WBC count?

Ugh. My DH & all of our friends (except me - I had it 10 years ago) who celebrated New Year's together got walking pneumonia, and had a similar trajectory... fever, antibiotics, fever, etc., for weeks. This isn't by way of a diagnosis; just empathy. Please do get under a doctor's care ASAP. And blessings...

Yes I have thought about walking pneumonia. I think the doc wants to do a CT scan next. Oh joy!!!

Cathy, they did not share any of the CBC results except that sodium was very low. I was too out of it to ask about WBC counts etc.They told me to drink Gatorade all weekend (I wouln't drink that if it were the last liquid on earth) so I opted for coconut water instead.

I think you need a different doctor. Get copies of your tests and find a better doctor. An Internal Medicine doctor would be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Cathy, they did not share any of the CBC results except that sodium was very low. I was too out of it to ask about WBC counts etc.They told me to drink Gatorade all weekend (I wouln't drink that if it were the last liquid on earth) so I opted for coconut water instead.
    Pedialyte has similar electrolytes, and can be flavored to your preference...

The pneumonia should have shown up your CXR. Although I was really sick awhile back and it didn't show up on an xray until 2 days after I had the first xray.
    Are you coughing alot now? Did your doc test you for TB?

Cathy-Absolutely no coughing or congestion. But my lungs do kind of burn if I take a deep breath.

Thread Information