Thread: What would happen if the government does raise the debt ceiling?

What would happen if the government does raise the debt ceiling?

I expect it will not happen without massive cuts - so what happens after these massive cuts go into effect? I would think that without all these dollars being spent in pretty short order the days of 9% unemployment are going to look pretty good.

Probably be some job losses.

What's the status of Qualitative Easing? Are there plans for QE3? To get conspiratorial: maybe the whole debt debacle is really just cover for QE3.

It seems we have a whole economy that will collapse without permanent massive money printing. Can we just declare this whole economic system a colossal failure already? (Yes perfectly legitimate transactions take place within it, but look what sustains the whole thing).
    Trees don't grow on money

Well...dogs and cats will be living together, the sky will fall and Obama will have to manufacture another crisis to somehow hang on to his Presidency.

Long Live Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
    Well...dogs and cats will be living together, the sky will fall and Obama will have to manufacture another crisis to somehow hang on to his Presidency.

Long Live Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You think Obama has manufactured a crisis? And that he has to do this to "hang onto his Presidency"? I've never heard this interpretation before. What makes you think these two things?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/davidhorse...ts-everywhere/
    Last edited by redfox; 7-28-11 at 12:22am.

Thread Information