Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone sold their GOLD?

Anyone sold their GOLD?

I was cleaning/organizing my dresser and found a gold ring I bought many years ago.
    I don't like it any more, can't even get it on my pinky finger.

I thought about selling it to a local gold/coin dealer. With gold prices up, has anyone else unloaded on jewerly they no longer wear? Was it worth it?

I took some scrap in, a couple of broken earrings and a tiny broken chain and got $40.+ and that was probably over one year ago.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

No, I haven't, but I have certainly thought about it. So much of my gold jewelry is family stuff, though, and I'm just wondering if my family would flip if I sold it. I'm not in need of cash, so I figure I'll hold on to it for the time being.

I have been thinking of it...my gold is chains and the like bought in the 80's when it was the fashion have not wore any of it in years.
    Just so unsure how to go about it....

I brought in a small amount of stuff about 2 years ago, and I got about $100. for it. I was pleased because it was stuff I didn't want or wear, so any amount of money was a good trade since I was getting absolutely no value from it otherwise.

Yep, DH took in stuff a couple of years ago and got $145.00. These were items he had dug up or found or been given along the way. In his work he does a lot of digging in old neighborhoods where there is treasure. People pay him to haul things away and he gets things that way, too.

a couple of months ago, I took a small ring and braclet. Came to $65. Had not worn either of them for years.

yep I mailed mine in twice and got $450 and $250 or so. I would get more mow.

I have, sometime early this year. A broken necklace, earrings I had received as gifts and never wore, a few old rings. I got about $70.

Kara

Oh yeah! The wedding/engament ring set that I had converted to a necklace pendant...but still never wore because of the negative emotional energy to the piece. $1300 into the kids college fund. NO REGRETS!
    author of A Holy Errand

Thread Information