Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Declutter

August Declutter

I’m so excited about this that I am starting an ‘August Declutter’ thread a day early. In our rural community, computer/electronic recycle come around about every 2 years. Well, the bi-annual event finally arrived and we recycled 6 boxes of computer paraphernalia. We still have 4 computers to disassemble for recycle but the house looks taller, the sky looks bluer and I think I’ve lost a little weight. I’m so stoked about this that if it weren’t so hot and humid I would start decluttering the barn, that might be a stretch but it describes my euphoria.

I love your description of how letting go of those items changed your home and person! Yay for you!

Great!
    And thanks for starting it. I was just about to start one because after a summer break....I'm ready to declutter again.
    The kids start back to school on the 11th - seems to get earlier and earlier every year - we need to get their rooms decluttered and cleaned and see what is needed for the new year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'm due in about three weeks, so I probably won't get too much decluttered this month. But so far:

1 stretched out hair tie
    1 stack of papers from birthing class
    1 catalog
    1 Mom To Be pin from baby shower

Total: 4

Maybe I can make a little more headway yet today! :-)

This is what I've been working on the month of July -- I'm planning a yard sale in September (hopefully, if the temps cool down some). So far I've got about 5 boxes of stuff and a big pile of magazines. I also went through some old papers (need to go through more). I'm going to start going through some of my collectibles, books, and craft supplies also. Books will go on paperbackswap or be traded in at the local used bookstore, except for any I might be able to get more than a couple of dollars for on half.com. Extra craft supplies will probably go on etsy. Collectibles will go on ebay. I'm tired of having sooooo much stuff.

Well, I fell off the wagon. After bragging about decluttering computer stuff I went to a library book sale and got a whole bag of books for $1.00. The good thing is that the library accepts donated books for their annual book sale so the ones I don’t really, really want I can donate back for the library to resell. A win-win situation for the library. It’s like I just rented the books for a year. It’s true, ‘pride goes before a fall’1
    1 “Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.” Prov. 16:18

Mrs-M
    So happy for you I am Goldensmom! Like Leslieann, I love your description of your newer, more fresher home. No decluttering to mention (to date), but I find in our house, decluttering happens in steps and stages. Sometimes bags of stuff suddenly and seemingly appear out of nowhere, then months go by where there's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    I find in our house, decluttering happens in steps and stages. Sometimes bags of stuff suddenly and seemingly appear out of nowhere, then months go by where there's nothing.
    Yep!
    Spent a little time today in my closet and I've got another bag of clothes and extras sitting by the front door ready to go.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Mrs-M
    Hi Float On. I always feel a sense of comfort knowing others live by my same. Makes me say to myself, "I'm doing things right".

we declutter the closet tomorrow!!!! *yay!*

i have a fair bit that is heading out the door. some toys that go to the kids' church (these 20 yr olds we love and like to spend time with), a structured baby carrier that we no longer use (needs to be cleaned a bit before it goes on ebay), and a lunch box that i bought on ebay that is 10x more huge than i expected! tee hee. it was funny carrying it home.

i also need to just let go of some things. Can't figure out how to manage my peep toe pumps that got moldy. i washed them lightly with a damp cloth with vinegar and water and tea tree oil, only to have the mold return. I was going to donate some clothes to this one rummage sale, but it passed by -- and the clothes aren't that great really. the fabric isn't great for rags, either. so, i think i'm just going to ahve to send them to the fiber recycling center. which costs me money! boo! but i can't just put them into landfill, because that would not be nice.

and of course, DH's lovely paper clutter. he's so good at it. LOL

Thread Information