Thread: stress, fatique, depression, surgery and sickness

stress, fatique, depression, surgery and sickness

If this is too ranting and needed to be moved else where, I understand

The last day and a half is the first time since November 20th that I have felt somewhat normal. I got brochicits (sp?) that required many trips to the Dr..I put my beloved show horse for sale (she really needed a job that was not as demanding), could not work due to brochicitts ( Dental office)
    Have a tendency towards SAD
    Thanksgiving ( family time =stress)
    My show horse sold and happened alot quicker than I though she would.. I did not get time to say good bye
    Saturday after Thanksgiving I slipped in some ice wrenched my back and ended up in the ER
    I had a endometrial ablation in August that did not work out so had to have hysterectomy and needed to be done before December 31 because DH'S insurance was changing BIG TIME
    Stepdaughter had her baby ( lives in Japan right now) turned into a c-section
    Went into surgery for the hysterectomy
    Christmas Eve with my family
    Christmas Day DH family... FIL passed out and went to ER.. He was fine
    Tried to go back to work 10 days post op not a good idea..

All of the crap piling up because of day to day stuff not getting done
    Clutter and cr@p piling up on the kitchen counter
    Step-daughters dog that needs to find a new home but will be very hard to place very high needs and high engery and alot of tension between DH and I That one has been resolved somewhat becuase DSD was told that when she comes to vist this Feb She will need to find him a home Her and her DH can"t keep him and he does not fit here and is stressing me out .
    I have started taking a good multi-vitamin and B-12 supplement
    and have been starting not to push myself and over do it as I had been Dr got on my case for over doing it
    if you had a hysterectomy what was your experience ?

Sorry all that is happening in your life. Re: depression, you might ask to have your Vit. D3 levels checked...

Wildflower
    According to my doctor it takes up to 6 months to fully recover from a hysterectomy and at least 6 weeks off from work initially. You are pushing yourself too hard after major surgery. Stay home, recuperate, and get your DH to cook and clean or hire someone. Depression is common after any major surgery so talk to your doc about that - he/she can help you with that. Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way!

I agree that at least 6 weeks RESTING are necessary after a hysterectomy. Good luck and good thoughts coming your way.

Wow, you have been dealth alot. I too had a hysterectomy. Unfortuantely it did not solve all my health issues. As someone who has had been ill for over two years now I can give some advice that has helped me. Find someone outside of family and friends to talk to. It doesn't have to be a counselor, just someone to listen and let you vent and cry if need be. Eat as healthy as possible even if it means your family complains. You are important and your body cannot heal on junk food. I know, I live on meat, vegetables, and nuts at current time, harded that %$#@, but I get so sick if I eat anything else. Do not stop short on seeking medical assistance. You are now in full blown menopause if you had everything removed. Your body is about to change big time. I had a Dr from the Mayo Clinic tell me to do integrative medicine to help me through this ordeal (In Mayo for 10 days 2009). Take time for yourself. Sleep as much as possible (best way for the body to heal itself). Read, listen, watch uplifting and humorous. Find out what vitamins and minerals you lack. Watch for allergies that make you sicker. Get on power_surge.com and read about other women going through a hysterectomy and induced menopause. It helped me a lot. Take care and chin up. Thinking positive is a crucial survival tactic.

Thread Information