Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ANTS ARGH

Ahhh, I just ran out of borax and ants have invaded the kitchen due to all the rain. Adding borax to tomorrows shopping list to give that a try.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    We had a colony of ants, unfortunately, we found out when we moved into this house. The regular style ant traps were not working so my husband bought the brand Terro ant traps. We followed the directions to a "T" and it worked perfectly. There are scout ants that come out to see where they can find food, they go back to the colony leaving a scent trail for all to follow, then the colony comes out to eat the bait thinking it is food and they bring some back to the Queen ant. It was kind of hard to watch all the ants going to the bait, and not kill them, but I restrained myself as the only way to kill the whole colony is if they all eat it and then give it to the Queen ant. My husband bought Terro in either Home Depot or Lowes. We just put some more down as we saw some scout ants. They are the few you see here and there.

Good luck. I know how gross it can feel to have ants crawling around!

Put the Terro out early in the season and you can head off a season of headaches with ants.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Ahhh, I just ran out of borax and ants have invaded the kitchen due to all the rain. Adding borax to tomorrows shopping list to give that a try.
    You all probably have heard of this, but if you mix yeast with some sugary goo (honey or molasses or sugar syrup) and leave
    small containers out, (or leave it near a visible anthill) the ants will flock to it and eat it.
    Then the yeast expands in their stomachs and blows the ants apart when they are back in their nests.

It's a nasty way to die, but then ants are nasty creatures in my opinion.
    My wife conducts Ant Massacres periodically using this method.

Terro. Period.

Yppej
    When I had carpenter ants I had an exterminator come out. At night turn off everything that makes noise. Listen and if you hear a sound like someone is crinkling up paper that is the ants eating the wood in your home.

Regular ants I don't worry about. They are few and far between.

I had good luck with Terro...........I like buying the little containers and putting a few drops on card board.

Thread Information