Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which spending cuts are more acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Frankly I think this bus ride is kind of silly. He's got the job, he needs to do it.
    It's not silly, underhanded maybe, but certainly not silly. He's got to make as many (disguised) campaign trips as he can on the public dime since his Democrat colleagues in the Senate are already complaining about him tapping out their top-tier campaign contributors. They believe he's jeapordizing their potential fund raising efforts. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61601.html
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mangano's Gold View Post
    There is no way that Obama could pass any legislation of consequence. Look at Congress. It just isn't going to happen.

As for uncertainty, that is the world we live in. If you (plural) are are waiting for certainty then the world is just going to pass you by. The US is facing an array of economic pressures from all directions.. IMO, the marginal uncertainty created by anything Obama has done is totally dwarfed by the overall environment. It is dwarfed by tens of millions of homeowners being underwater, contruction in collapse, increasing international competetion, employers getting much better at producing more with less people, demographic issues, etc...

I see the trend towards increasing uncertainty, no matter who is in Washington. YMMV.
    I agree that uncertainty is here to stay in the foreseeable future and its true that most of it is being created by forces outside the control of the President. I don't blame the administration for creating that climate, only for exacerbating it. If our leaders just sit on their hands things will get worse. If they continue with selfish, ridiculous, partisan politics it will get worse. I don't blame the stalemate on the Dems any more than the Reps. Both are at fault. However, the President is the elected leader and right now he is not leading. Peggy's got the right idea in my mind... come up with a plan. A straight forward, logical plan to start getting people back to work. I'm sure you're right that it would get shot down in the house. At that point its up to us to contact our representatives and tell them to pull their heads out of their ___. It ain't gonna be easy any way we do it, but we've got to get started and the President is the one that should get the ball rolling.

I don't remember a presidential campaign starting as early as this one. It started almost immediately after Obama took office.

Quote Originally Posted by freein05 View Post
    I don't remember a presidential campaign starting as early as this one. It started almost immediately after Obama took office.
    I think it started after the election without a pause. It's kind of taking us one step away from reality - the only solution presented for many of today's problems is the next election.

Thread Information