Thread: Natural anti inflammatories list

Natural anti inflammatories list

For anyone suffering from local or systemic inflammation (arthritis, joint pain, back pain) and doesn't want to take medication (like me..), this article is essential. Hope it helps:

f you are looking for anti inflammation supplements, you probably have these 2 problems: First, you don’t want to take, or keep taking, prescription and OTC pain killers anymore. Maybe you can’t bear the well known side effects; maybe you want to treat your body right with a natural treatment. Second problem – you don’t know WHICH anti inflammatory supplement to choose. This guide will help you choose the right one for you. Here are the Top 10 Natural Anti-Inflammatories to help you decide:

1. Proteolytic Enzymes
    Research indicates these enzymes work throughout your entire body to help it fight inflammation. They also cleanse and “thin” the blood (so you can’t use them if you are taking blood thinners) and boost the immune system. Unfortunately with the nutrient-deficient food we’re eating today, most of we adults have very low levels of these enzymes!
    2. Bromelain
    This special natural compound which is extracted from pineapple contains several proteolytic enzymes that have been shown to short-circuit multiple pain pathways in the body. Many studies have already shown how it reduces inflammation and removes “waste” and toxins from the blood
    3. L-glutathione
    This is a “famous” ingredient in anti inflammation supplements. There are literally over 20,000 research studies available on how glutathione can help your body in everything from cancer prevention to more supple skin.
    Glutathione is quite literally THE most important antioxidant in your body.
    It is the ONLY antioxidant in your body that has the ability to eliminate ALL free radicals, not just specific types!

4. Turmeric Extract
    The best way to use this one is by eating it, but moat of us don’t like its taste. Turmeric “seeks and destroys” free radicals that cause pain and swelling among other diseases. A recent study done at the prestigious Sloan-Kettering Cancer Research Center in New York, found that Turmeric was more safe and precise than aspirin in eliminating inflammation (without the well known side effect of aspirin – stomach irritation).
    5. Papain
    Papain is unique in that it’s been shown to actually attack tumor cells and boost the immune system!
    It also contains a wide range of proteolytic enzymes. Many nutritionists suggest taking it for diabetes, herpes, cancer and indigestion.

To read the rest of this article - go to anti inflammation supplements

Did this come at a right time for anyone?

To your health,

Meital

Also, avoid the naturally Inflammatory foods in the diet!

I was taking massive doses of turmeric, and it was helpful for my osteoarthritis. The supplement was called Curaphen. It was given to me by a Naturopath.

Two weeks ago I stated taking two tbls concentrated cherry juice in 8oz of water daily. This is suppose to help arthritis pain. So far its not working for that. Instructions say it takes 2 to 4 weeks for it to kick in. But, the good news is that its great for relieving constipation. I've been going every day since drinking this juice. Cost is $20 for a month's supply. Well worth it to me! (Hope this wasn't TMI!)

My 26 yr. old horse will begin taking a supplement containing boswellia in a few days. This is similar to devil's claw-most commercially available natural anti-inflammatories that contain DC also contain yucca, which is forbidden with a condition that my horse has. His last supplements contained MSM, which is sometimes in joint supplements for people. I've been taking MSM for shoulder problems for a while now and I've been able to kick my 12-15 Advil a day habit.

NSAID-free horse supplements usually contain Devil's Claw, Yucca, or Boswellia, and are usually as effective as the drugs (remembering that herbs are natural drugs).

Seems like alot of these supplements are really hard on my GERD.....make my stomach/esophagus burn.

Simpler at Fifty
    We bought Curamin and I take one at night if I my hips are aching. DH took it for a few days and did not notice a difference. He gives up on everything if there is no immediate affect. He has severe osteoarthritis and has found exercise is the only thing that helps him.

Don't forget extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil!

Thread Information