Thread: Request for help with my Dissertation

Request for help with my Dissertation

Hello all,

I am currently working on my dissertation. In a nutshell, I am exploring people who are leading a minimalistic lifestyle. I believe there has been an increase in a phenomenon in concert with the major economic changes going on whereby external and internal variables are involved in folks changing their consumptive philosophy, their consumptive behavior and their view of materialism or diminished materialism. The deal is thinking that this going on is not going to convince my dissertation committee or my faculty. I am trying to make some contacts to help with my research. Initially, I need to interview some folks involved with this phenomenon to help establish that it exists. Once, I defend my idea, a second wave of research will commence. If you have any interest in helping, I would greatly appreciate it. If there are any other contacts or resources that you may be willing to pass along, I would greatly appreciate that too. There is only a small amount of rigorous academic research in my discipline. My committee chair and I feel there is value in this idea. Many thanks, CK

I would be willing to chat, though my path down this did not begin due to the economic downturn.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Just curious, what is your discipline and where are you studying?

Hi, thanks so much for the response. I really appreciate it. Your path doesn't necessarily have to be caused by our current economic conditions. I really believe I am going to find some folks who attribute the economy (i.e. an external condition) to their path and also some folks who attribute their path to some more personal reasons (i.e. internal conditions). These are just suppositions at this point. In what way would you be comfortable chatting (e.g. Skype, phone, etc.)? I look forward to communicating again soon. Thanks, CK

I am a Marketing Ph.D. candidate at the University of Tennessee. Thanks, CK

CK- I am willing to talk. I am single mom, minimalist and frugal to provide my 4 children with what I think they need. Economy has not effected me yet. I am nursing graduate of UTC. Which UT campus are you on?
    author of A Holy Errand

Hey (Fawn),

Thanks so much. I am on the Knoxville campus. However, I consider Chattanooga my home. I did my first two degrees there. That campus has really grown and improved. They have done so much with it. If you like, I can leave a reply on your website with my contact information. My schedule is very flexible. I imagine you have a lot to share with the experience of raising a family of four. Again, thank you. I look forward to a great conversation. CK

I'd also be willing to chat. Wish I had seen this a few days ago. I just returned home to New Hampshire from dropping my son off at college in Knoxville.

MamaM
    You can add me to the list. Thanks. : )

Thread Information