Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What fun things would you do with your 16 year old son for the next 3 years before he

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    I let mine live; that was the best I could do.
    I hear ya, that would be my girls, and sometimes myboy

My guys are 26 and 23. Hindsight is 20/20 you know, so the things I would have done are: Gone Camping, Hiking, a vacation place (not big bucks style) that we would all remember, time out together, Biking and such type stuff. Quality time to share and remember. Not just the rushing around from event to event or handing out the cash so they could go do"stuff". In the end that "stuff" was forgotten.

My dad and I went for a two week trout fishing trip together hitting many rivers in southern MO and in AR - best memories ever.
    My mom and I went on a weekend trip to shop for college stuff - fun.

Can you ask your son to make a 'top 10 things to do before I leave for college' list?
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

My son and I used to just 'hang out' at book stores. We had somewhat different interests, of course, but could share ideas and thoughts as we encountered them in the books (and sometimes a brownie or cupcake . He is 19 now, in college far away, and never once said he thought it was boring or embarrassing to be at a (cool) bookstore with his mom. As your son is introverted, it might be worth a try!

Thread Information