Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rommey Bulldozing his 12 million dollar home.

Rommey Bulldozing his 12 million dollar home.

Mit Rommey is bulldozing his 12 million dollar 3000 sq foot home in California because it is not big enough. He is replacing it with an 11,000 sq foot monster.

What does someone with money to burn know about the needs of the average middle class American. I think he can kiss his presidential hopes goodbye.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/...nt-big-enough/

Greedy bastard!! For some people they just have higher standards than others - there is a lot of pressure to present a "certain image" to friends and family. I think most would like to earn just the property tax on such a place!

Peace

Sounds like he's personally boosting California's employment figures in the Construction trade. Well Done Mit!!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I thought the idea was that your kids would grow up have families and then you could downsize so there would be no excuse for your kids families to move back in with you. Just the thought of 26 people coming to visit (5 grown children with spouses and 16 grandkids) for a weekend or extended stay is a little too much for me.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I think is shows great foresight to ready the western White House at this early juncture. It will probably take right up to the inauguration to get the new place ready. Mitt is plenty sharp enough to know that you can't host the Sarkozys, or God forbid the Windsors, in a mere 3,000 sq.ft. track shack.

He sounds like someone who would well know what it's like to be working class in this country. Not.

When he has a housewarming party in his new place, I wonder how many of the people he invites will be corporations?

Wow, you all are pretty hard on ole Mitt. The last time I checked I have never been employed by a poor person!

He is spending money, employing construction workers - so he has a larger home for his kids to come home with their grandchildren! Who I am sure will love coming over to grandpa/mas who live on the beach.

Yes, he is rich, so what. He also is a very generous man, with a good family - why would we diss him for his success.

I just read an interview with a family friend who also speaks of Mitt's frugality. He does his own yardwork and housework!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I just read an interview with a family friend who also speaks of Mitt's frugality. He does his own yardwork and housework!
    That's horrible! He should be employing someone to do house and yard work; he's cheating decent Americans out of jobs!

OK, I am kidding. Presidential candidates are in trouble no matter what they do. Goodness knows why someone would want to run. You can't win even if you win!

Kara

Mitt must be one heck of a housekeeper -- I have trouble keeping up with just under 2,000 sq. feet!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    Mitt must be one heck of a housekeeper -- I have trouble keeping up with just under 2,000 sq. feet!
    ...I imagine it is a family affair! From what I have read, he is sort of like Reagan/Bush who liked to unwind by working around the property.

It was something that was taught to him while he was young -- even though his dad was the President of American Motors, Mitt had to work for his spending $$. Good work ethic from a young age.

Hey, maybe that is what he can use all the grandkids for. "okay kids before we head to the beach, lets [fill in the blank] for we all know many hands make light work!"

I can't imagine they will be able to keep up with a 12,000 sq ft home on their own, with him on the road and his wife has MS. One reason they have decided to stay in CA, the warmer weather feels better for her MS...so I have read.

Thread Information