Page 14 of 421 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I am completely exhausted and really, really sick of workplace drama...I'd like to go back to counting beads at the bead store, thank you very much. I really don't know what to do at this point, except either go to the blues jam and have a beer or just go to bed right now.

Went to use the last stick of butter & it was GONE! I had hidden it in the back of the vegetable bin so I'm not quite sure how my DH found it. But he did & it is gone when I need it!!!! I have to hide it or he goes through it like water. #*#*!!

Keep your butter in the freezer. That way it's too hard to use on a whim, but you can pull out a stick when you know you are going to bake.

My peeve: Willow! Not the beautiful weeping kind, but the spring up anywhere/everywhere kind. I've just spent this beautiful winter day cutting down the sprout ups around the fish pond, and I'm not done yet! I still have a couple of clumps left. And don't get me started on the cattail! But we are allowed only one peeve per day, so I'll leave that peeve for another day!

Sounds just like my husband. He'll go through a pound of butter in a few days. Whenever he makes dinner, I have to make sure I get my food out of the pot before he drowns it in all that butter! Our boys seem to really love his cooking, however.

Mrs-M
    Azure. You simply cannot underestimate anyone with a craving! Hmmm... just thinking, how about rounding up an empty jar (that fits a rectangle of butter), then using a pair of scissors, cut out a piece of black paper (to fit the inside of the jar), so the paper goes all the way around the inside of the jar, then label the jar molasses?

I am getting to that stage of pregnancy where I have to carefully manage my energy. I am not a fan of this stage. I'm tired a lot and it's hard to commit to anything too far in advance because I never know how I'll feel from day to day. I also feel a bit more emotionally sensitive in my third trimester. That can be hard on me too.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Went to use the last stick of butter & it was GONE! I had hidden it in the back of the vegetable bin so I'm not quite sure how my DH found it. But he did & it is gone when I need it!!!! I have to hide it or he goes through it like water. #*#*!!
    I would suggest not only putting it in the freezer, but placing it inside a bag of frozen vegetables, preferably something DH doesn't like.

Mrs-M
    Oh, I love your idea WAY better than mine, Jemima!!! My idea is suckie...

LOL I usually do keep it in the freezer but that doesn't slow him down much. But I think I WILL also hide it inside some other kind of packaging. Chances of him looking inside a vegetable package are slim to none lol

I am sick AGAIN! Grrr! I can't get rid of this stupid bug.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Thread Information