Page 75 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Lambs Ear in garden is today's peeve. I have realized it is overtaking my garden and must be removed.

Major peeve: Hackers.
    http://www.remove-pcvirus.com/remove-cryptowall/

I was unfortunate enough to get the Crypto Wall virus, which infiltrates your computer and encrypts all of your files. It's called "ransomware" (as in malware) where they demand $500 from you to de-encypt your files. My PC help was able to remove the virus, but unable to restore the files.

Fortunately I have hardly anything on this PC that I don't already have a hard copy of, but I'm posting this as a cautionary tale for others. And I'm also pretty sure there's a special place in he&L for hackers generally ...

Selfish people that don't listen.

(the people that caused me to work overtime, on a day when I needed to leave early for a funeral, came in) Relived missing the thing and felt my blood pressure rising and wanting to choke the ....... out of the other person with keys who just left after telling them it was fine to come in and stay late.

Peeved at myself for getting involved with my father-in-law and him upgrading his phone on our phone plan. He had already done it and then I told him about a deal and he returned it and they screwed it up at the cell phone stupid kiosk store he uses in the mall. And peeved at the jerk store that screwed up his upgrade and also did not fully inform an 80 year old man about what he was getting when he picked out an iPhone. :/ Should have kept my mouth shut!!! And I knew it, but I said something anyway! Why is that even though I work so hard on trusting my gut I still ignore it when it is speaking loud and clear?
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

That I have a fear of dogs, oxymoron as I have three big dogs. That is my peeve.
    I fear confrontation. New neighbors large dog and mine were fighting through fence, stupid me got between them. I now have a very large bite bruise on my thigh. Yes after the life if fear of bites.....it was mine that bit me.

Mine is tiny. Housework. I usually do not mind it all that much, especially when a little effort leaves everything shiny, but lately even the smallest task seems to be too much work for too little benefit. You should be able to clean something once and Bob's your uncle.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Jilly, I'm thinking along those lines lately too. I used to think hiring household help meant you were lazy and/or entitled, but after almost 5 decades of cleaning house I could use a break, and those housekeeping ads are looking more alluring every day.

Fireworks

Drivers: a shopping center parking lot is not a freeway

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    Fireworks
    Arf?
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Thread Information