Page 221 of 422 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

That’s horrible. Glad you are keeping on top of this.

Yes, I opened the last door, heard a rip and the door tipped about 8 inches forward before I caught it. If I had not held it up all five doors were attached and the tape had given way all the way down the whole length. Only one layer of duct tape was holding the set of five glass doors to the wall. After lunch we are going back up to buy our window shades at Lowes and then a stop at the store with the door issue. I am going to photograph it.

Old stuff is not necessarily simpler.

The Ellen Show has hilarious bits with millennials trying to figure out old stuff like

1) how to use a rotary phone

. 2) how to re fold a large map

3) how to use a manual typewriter

the rotary phone segment is a scream! They have no idea they are supposed to pick up the ear piece before dialing. She didnt know how to make the numbers work

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Old stuff is not necessarily simpler.

The Ellen Show has hilarious bits with millennials trying to figure out old stuff like

the rotary phone segment is a scream! They have no idea they are supposed to pick up the ear piece before dialing. She didnt know how to make the numbers work
    We were never early adopters of the latest technology. Back in 1990, we still had a rotary dial wall phone--everyone else had push buttons. One of my son's friends came in and asked if he could use the phone to call his mother and I told him the phone was in the kitchen. I heard nothing but silence, and a few minutes later he came back out of the kitchen and headed for the door.

"Did you call your mother?" I asked him, because he clearly didn't speak with anyone that I could hear. He said "No. I couldn't figure out how to use your phone." That was back in 1990!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Jeremy Strong did not get a Golden Globes nomination for his work in Succession.

Instead they rewarded the actor from S3 of The Crown who played Prince Phillip. This actor was forgettable other than his direct mimicry of the real life Prince Charles. The entire production was lackluster and deserved no writing or acting awards.

my number one boy, Kendall/ Jeremy Strong lost out.

well, there is always the Emmys.

My back has decided to go out, with ensuing agony, leaving me unable to do much except try to stand in a comfortable position, since lying down and sitting down are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jeremy Strong did not get a Golden Globes nomination for his work in Succession.

Instead they rewarded the actor from S3 of The Crown who played Prince Phillip. This actor was forgettable other than his direct mimicry of the real life Prince Charles. The entire production was lackluster and deserved no writing or acting awards.

my number one boy, Kendall/ Jeremy Strong lost out.

well, there is always the Emmys.
    Didn't see Succession, but I just started on the The Crown. So far don't see much award-winning acting in Prince Philip.

I didn't know the nominations came out today.. so I just looked them over.

I'm really happy Rocketman and Taron Egerton are nominated. I loved that movie--and I think Egerton did an awesome job in it.

I really, really want to see Marriage Story--which you/Tybee referenced in another post. I LOVE Adam Driver, and Scarlett Johansson is good, too. (Obnoxious name dropping: My son and I had dinner in a country restaurant in the Catskills with Scarlett Johansson and her mother when she and my son were in the same independent film. My son had a bit part, and she was the star but they were the same age (about 9) so they hung out together on the set.)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    My back has decided to go out, with ensuing agony, leaving me unable to do much except try to stand in a comfortable position, since lying down and sitting down are worse.
    Oh no, I am so sorry and hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Tybee!! Nothing worse than back pain! Are you going to see a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Didn't see Succession, but I just started on the The Crown. So far don't see much award-winning acting in Prince Philip.

I didn't know the nominations came out today.. so I just looked them over.

I'm really happy Rocketman and Taron Egerton are nominated. I loved that movie--and I think Egerton did an awesome job in it.

I really, really want to see Marriage Story--which you/Tybee referenced in another post. I LOVE Adam Driver, and Scarlett Johansson is good, too. (Obnoxious name dropping: My son and I had dinner in a country restaurant in the Catskills with Scarlett Johansson and her mother when she and my son were in the same independent film. My son had a bit part, and she was the star but they were the same age (about 9) so they hung out together on the set.)
    I like celebrity stories! And one with ScarJo is nice.

I saw A Marriage Story over the weekend. It is very good. Adam Driver is a force and is getting work all over the place in all kinds of roles.i keep thinking about how he was a standout in that ridiculous show Girls where he had to get nekkid with that ridiculous main character. He has left them all in the dust.

I found S3 of The Crown to be disappointing. The writing doesn’t seem to be as interesting as in the first two seasons. I do certainly like Olivia what’s her name who now plays the title role. The beauty of Claire Foy and the actress who played her sister elevated the first two seasons.

Thread Information