Page 265 of 422 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Recently changed health insurance so had to change docs. Had a virtual visit with doc (had to pay a co-pay) and now get an email that she is leaving. WTH... she did not even extend my prescription and indicated that all her patients would have to get a new doc to extend prescription even for the test that she had me take. UGGGH!
    It's her professional responsibility to be available to monitor any orders so she is right not to extend even though it's a PITA. I'm sorry this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    He wants to look at a Kia Niro????
    The Niro is a hybrid. Definitely does not make things simpler.

Personally, I've found most terrestrial radio around here so disappointing I rarely switch on the radio at all. But I know that's not an answer for everyone.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My DH and I just don't have the same standards when it comes to cleaning up in the kitchen. He literally has a mental block about cleaning out the old bits of food in the sink trap after washing the dishes. I often find myself doing a second cleaning after his turn to do the dishes because half the counters are not wiped down, the stove top is grease-splattered, and there are hand prints on the refrigerator door handles. But at least he does do the dishes everyday, which is a huge improvement from his bachelor days where he would let them sit in the sink for days on end. I knew this going into our partnership and have mostly accepted that we just have different standards, plus he pays far more of the mortgage than I do and I do most (really all) of the cleaning to add to my "share" of the household.

But it is the old food in the dish drainer that really skeeves me out in the morning if I forget to check and take care of it the night before. I have asked him to do it several times as part of kitchen-cleaning duty but he is very absent-minded and it is just not on his radar. Oh well, it's pretty minor in the scope of things.....

It might eventually get on his radar...47 years of marriage...many things came onto the radar at about 10 years...I am sure there are things he would say the same thing about.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    many things came onto the radar at about 10 years...I am sure there are things he would say the same thing about.
    DW is much like SQ's DH (enough initials there? ). I am fully convinced that, even if DW sees the mess, her brain spends zero cycles on interpreting the visual information. At 11 years into the marriage, I hold no hope that that will change. Can't change what you don't see and I've tried plenty to aid her vision.

But I'm sure she could say the same things about what I don't "see", too.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Not seeing is a wonderful genetic gift!

Sometime dive buddy has been unemployed since finishing an advanced degree, about six months ago. She is in a very conservative field. Her parents are extremely wealthy and she lives with them (she’s early 30s). She was lamenting recently about how difficult the job search is and how lucky I was to find a job so quickly. She recently was posting all over her public (not locked down) FB page that she’s polyamorous. She has three partners and they have their own partners and so on. I told her I had made sure I had nothing objectionable on my FB before my job search. I suggested she might want to consider if her multiple mentions of her sex life on her not locked down FB profile may affect her job search.

She’s heterosexual and her proclivities for multiple partners isn’t covered under non-discrimination laws, I believe, although I could be wrong.

She called me a bunch of not polite names and hung up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    My DH and I just don't have the same standards when it comes to cleaning up in the kitchen. He literally has a mental block about cleaning out the old bits of food in the sink trap after washing the dishes. I often find myself doing a second cleaning after his turn to do the dishes because half the counters are not wiped down, the stove top is grease-splattered, and there are hand prints on the refrigerator door handles. But at least he does do the dishes everyday, which is a huge improvement from his bachelor days where he would let them sit in the sink for days on end. I knew this going into our partnership and have mostly accepted that we just have different standards, plus he pays far more of the mortgage than I do and I do most (really all) of the cleaning to add to my "share" of the household.

But it is the old food in the dish drainer that really skeeves me out in the morning if I forget to check and take care of it the night before. I have asked him to do it several times as part of kitchen-cleaning duty but he is very absent-minded and it is just not on his radar. Oh well, it's pretty minor in the scope of things.....
    DH did not see things that needed to be done. He asked that I make a list of chores because he really could not see what needed to be done. That solved the problem. Things that I saw were just not on his radar and having a "reminder list" was helpful to him (and me). YLMV

Went to Costco today. There were a number of things for DH and for me that I wanted to get. I got nothing and he liked EVERYTHING I brought home for him. They even had the brand he likes. It sure would be nice to have someone bring home clothes for me and not have to go shopping. I HATE shopping!

We have been without heat for 3 days. A new furnace is being installed now. Thankfully, we had a few space heaters! It got pretty cold here.

Yppej
    The street sweeping machine that always runs in the middle of the night, backs up with its beep beep beep, and wakes me up. I heard it three different times last night. When done in quiet residential areas without a lot of traffic this could be done during the day.

Thread Information