Page 152 of 421 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4203

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    I prefer that instead of dear, honey, sweetie.

I honestly was never called those until we were in TN. I know that is a friendly way of speaking, but I hated it. Guess us Northerners are not that friendly.
    I am very friendly with people. It actually gets me in trouble sometimes. I find these terms in general context condescending and should be reserved for people that you know and are special to you.

Williamsmith
    Stink Bugs! I hate em.

Impetigo. On my face. Thank goodness for antibiotics, but until the week is over I'm in semi-hibernation.

Yppej
    They're infiltrating our house this week also.

It is now October. Since June we've had maybe four days of rain. The ten-day forecast shows nary a drop in sight. I'd go mad in Los Angeles.

A dentist we used (and did not like) over 15 years ago seems to have sent us a suspicious email. "open this pdf" type of thing. Thankfully, hubby and life trained me to not open such things and I just marked it as spam. So irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    A dentist we used (and did not like) over 15 years ago seems to have sent us a suspicious email. "open this pdf" type of thing. Thankfully, hubby and life trained me to not open such things and I just marked it as spam. So irritating.
    It is incredibly easy to forge someone's email address as a "From" address. And (too) many people are careless about the quality and proliferation of their email passwords. So I would not be too quick to blame the dentist for the spam. But good on you for not opening it.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    It is incredibly easy to forge someone's email address as a "From" address. And (too) many people are careless about the quality and proliferation of their email passwords. So I would not be too quick to blame the dentist for the spam. But good on you for not opening it.

It is also too common, that someone uses the same password across sites (including email password). With that, one can have their email used as a spambot.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    It is also too common, that someone uses the same password across sites
    Yes, that was the "proliferation" to which I referred -- and which you explained far better than I did. Thank you!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Williamsmith
    Property Brothers...for that matter anything on HGTV. Unfortunately my wife is hooked on it.

Thread Information