Page 250 of 421 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4203

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Thanks for letting me whine, everyone, and I appreciate the empathy. Today is a new day, and I'm hoping for better things!

Yppej
    Why do some clothing manufacturers have to put tags in the back of the neck instead of on the side seam near the bottom?

One was really annoying me yesterday at work and I didn't want to leave my desk so trying to peer at it sideways through reading glasses I cut it out. It stopped bothering me but when I got home I saw there is now a cut out piece in the back on the top, it is not a straight line nor is an evenly spaced scoop either, plus scoops are supposed to be in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Why do some clothing manufacturers have to put tags in the back of the neck instead of on the side seam near the bottom?

One was really annoying me yesterday at work and I didn't want to leave my desk so trying to peer at it sideways through reading glasses I cut it out. It stopped bothering me but when I got home I saw there is now a cut out piece in the back on the top, it is not a straight line nor is an evenly spaced scoop either, plus scoops are supposed to be in the front.
    Some of the ones down near the hem can be annoying too. I love LL Bean, but some of their tags are as long as CVS receipts! I love it when the manufacturer prints the info right onto the fabric and eliminates the need for the tag altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Some of the ones down near the hem can be annoying too. I love LL Bean, but some of their tags are as long as CVS receipts! I love it when the manufacturer prints the info right onto the fabric and eliminates the need for the tag altogether.
    That is my preference as well as the tags are annoying, especially the sharp-edged fabric ones.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I hardly ever contribute to this thread because I am an irrepressible optimist, but today just flat-out sucked!
    For starters, I cut a big deep chunk out of one of my fingers with a pair of scissors this morning. What was I doing? Why I was cutting a Q-tip in half. Why? Well, because I only needed half and why waste the other half? I suspect DH will never let me live this one down. It's not getting posted on the Frugals thread, because it was borderline as to whether I was going to go to an urgent care center, and how many half Q-tips would it take to offset my co-insurance? Anyway, I'm going to go through a lot of Band-Aids and discomfort and annoyance before I'm on the other side of this one. The one bright note is that it was on my right hand and I'm a lefty.
    Next, I called to confirm my husband's follow-up appointment with his urologist next week, and I found out I can't go with him. That might not sound like a big deal, but I've been with him for all of these appointments since his kidney cancer diagnosis in 2012. I just feel strongly that when it's an appointment to see if cancer has recurred, you shouldn't have to go it alone, and if you get bad news, you might need a hug. And I am chief hug provider for DH and vice-versa.
    Then, my mom has been having a bad stretch of extreme light-headedness, so we went to her house to check on her and make sure she had her meds and something to eat. I was going to give her a glass of pomegranate juice with her pills, thinking it would be a nice change from her usual glass of water. I shook the juice and it must have fermented or something, because when I opened it, it freaking exploded everywhere, all over me, the floor, the kitchen, the clutter all over her counters, a total disastrous STICKY mess. My sweater is soaking in cold water as I type, but I suspect I'll get some decluttering points for retiring a badly stained sweater because it looks like soaking isn't improving matters.
    I am now relaxing with a glass of wine listening to the Good Old Grateful Dead while DH fries some chicken. Here's hoping for a peaceful and uneventful evening.
    What a rotten day. Hope all days forward are better. The magic thing to take out EVERY stain I have ever had...even when it had been washed ... is brake cleaner (yep... the stuff you put in your car). Just put some on the stain and immediately throw in the wash. It is really cheap and is miraculous. Worth a shot if you like the sweater??

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What a rotten day. Hope all days forward are better. The magic thing to take out EVERY stain I have ever had...even when it had been washed ... is brake cleaner (yep... the stuff you put in your car). Just put some on the stain and immediately throw in the wash. It is really cheap and is miraculous. Worth a shot if you like the sweater??
    Wow, I never heard of the brake cleaner; I will have to keep it in mind. My "magic" stain remover is 50/50 Dawn/Hydrogen Peroxide, but the best solution of all is a cold water soak ASAP. I did that with my sweater Friday night (after spraying Shout on it), and then ran it through the wash twice Saturday, and the stains actually came out! I was pretty surprised because that pomegranate juice all over the front of the pale pink sweater did not look like it was going away ever.

Late to this, but hugs, RR!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

OMG, you made me think of Lewis Black's CVS receipt rant (NSFW, so not posted here) and this from a few years ago:

That video is priceless and delightful to watch, TMS.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Great video!

Thread Information