haha!!!

Thanks for the meme-ory
    Of content that is terse
    A sentence is perverse!
    And icons spin
    A tale that's thin
    For better or for worse
    How pithy it is!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Too many words?

Maybe that is why the Egyptians used hieroglyphics?

I don’t know if this is a rave or a rant.

My city is now starting up a series of citizen information workshops to tell us about what to expect when a homicide occurs in our neighborhood. They talk about how the investigation works, what legal forces are in play, what citizens can do, etc.

I guess it’s good?

Are they expecting the hood rats to go on a rampage or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

I’m not sure what has prompted this information campaign other than being number one or number two or number three in the nation for our homicide rate so…

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Here’s a thought: maybe they’re just getting too many inquiries from concerned citizens about the mayor’s
    squad failing to perform their duties. Maybe they’re just going to give us information such as:

* When you call 911 to report it, 911 only picks up the phone 60% of the time. Keep trying.

* Cops may or may not come right away due to decimated ranks of police officers.

* If the police do come and investigate the homicide, there may not be charges lobbed against parties involved regardless of how egregious the crime or clear their guilt.

* If by some miracle the prosecutors office decides to charge perps, please don’t expect competence from that office.

* Likely any court action against perps will allow them to walk free because prosecutors are incompetent.

* The lesson here is “probably not worth it to bother reporting a homicide, just let the bodies pile up in the street.”

Yah, just kick the bodies to the side and go about your business, it seems like.

I had posted previously about people who leave their crispy, brown, dead wreaths up for months and months after the holidays. Well the one that remained up as of last week was replaced this week by a new green one, so I guess that is their wreath management system. It makes me wonder if there was a crispy brown fir tree in the living room devoid of needles while I was ranting about the wreath.

I am glad someone else has noticed the brown wreath phenomena. I have visited friends in southern Vermont during sugaring season in late March and there was a noticable trend of brown and golden wreaths still up. I've not seen anything like that around here. One of my theories was that during the winter and spring front doors are not the usual entrance and people instead enter through a mud room, although my friends had no particular theory. One year I left mine up late into the winter and took photos to send to them.

Around here this year many wreaths I saw were already turning at the stores. I don't buy a tree, but the the trees I saw werer at least as bad. I was wondering if it had something to do with a supply chain issue. One of the large tree lots close by had sold out of trees last week. I will try to leav.e my wreath up through January, brown, green or golden.

Yppej
    The work holiday party tonight has not been cancelled. Especially with supercontagious omicron everyone who doesn't live in a cave is going to be exposed to covid - may as well live your life and not cower in fear.

Oops - meant to put this in RAVE.

Thread Information