Page 146 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Probably said this a time or two before: Cashier's that could give a rat's a** that I spent my hard earned money in their store. Isn't that why they have a job???

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Probably said this a time or two before: Cashier's that could give a rat's a** that I spent my hard earned money in their store. Isn't that why they have a job???
    To give a rat's ...?
    Or to take your money.
    Really depends on the job description.
    I wish I could remember who it was (thinking Sean Lock or Jimmy Carr) that said, people shouldn't have to be chipper when doing menial jobs. We know they hate the job, the same way they know they hate it.

Yppej
    The library lost a book that I returned to their bookdrop. I am waiting to hear if I have to pay for it since there is no record of it coming back to them.

HOA rant. Got a letter stating my house needs to be repainted and I have 90 days to do it. Apparently they've missed the fact that we've already started: whole house has been pressure washed, and one side (prominent and entirely visible to the street) has been hand-scraped and primed and caulked. 11 labor hours to date. Painting to commence this weekend. But now I have to take precious minutes of my life to formally respond to their notice. Sheesh.

Yppej
    The library cannot find the book and says I have to call the library they think they sent it to.

Lainey, I would just ignore them and take a picture when finished. Sure is irritating. Our Historic Preservation Dept. is about as irritating and oblivious.

If you have 90 days can't you simply ignore the letter and proceed as planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    If you have 90 days can't you simply ignore the letter and proceed as planned?
    I had also forgotten that you need prior permission - Yes, even if you are painting it the same color! but the latest news is "all's well that ends well" because my SO went into the HOA office today and got them to agree that our current color is the equivalent of a color scheme that's already approved, so we are good to go once we turn in the form on Monday.

and yes, I am wary of getting into a fight with my HOA because a) they do have the regulations on their side and b) they will fine you and put a lien on your house which will have to be paid if you ever want to sell it. So, exterior paint is not the hill I'm choosing to die on at this point, although it is definitely an irritating business.

my car was hit, while parked in our parking lot at our apartment. I parked it one night and came back in the morning to a scrape on the rear driver's side. The car parked next to it was not the car that hit it. Of course I am going through the 'am I crazy' phase where I am analyzing the scrape, thinking about where I drove, imagining that I can figure out what happened, and occassionally thinking that somehow I didn't notice that I hit something. The car had perfect body with 200,000 miles on it.

Yppej
    Too bad Zoe Girl, and with everything else you are dealing with.

Thread Information