Page 191 of 422 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I was out in the front yard attempting to clean up debris from a recent storm with a DeWalt (reciprocating?) saw that essentially makes a loud noise and vibrates enough to shake my whole upper body without cutting anything. (Did I mention I hate yard work?) I managed to drag the limbs over to my compost bin and strip them of leaves. I suppose I will stash them in the garage for the time being. A condo looks better all the time.

And it's my SO's deathaversary, which just makes me sad/mad all over again. On top of that, there is nothing appealing to eat in the house. Maybe I'll rummage for freezer-burned Brussels Sprouts. Today is not a good day.

I'm sorry about your miserable day Jane.

Jane, sorry!

I'm not usually so cranky. I warmed up a carby casserole, which wasn't at all satisfying, but may put me in a mini-coma. Maybe I'll take a nap. Thanks for commiserating...

Oh Jane, I didn't know your SO died. I'm sorry you're having a bad day. When my kids were young, there was a show (I think it was "Barney", and there was a little girl, Tina, who would say "Tina's having a bad day." So now, my kids and I always say "Tina's having a bad day", when our day is exceptionally bad. I'm sorry you're having a Tina day. Can you order delivery of something you really like? If I lived close, I'd bring you something! I hope the rest of your day goes better.

Oh.....is it a dreary day there? I've found that the weather really affects my mood these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Oh.....is it a dreary day there? I've found that the weather really affects my mood these days.
    No--it's a glorious day here--bright and sunny (which highlights every flaw in this cursed house...) with an occasional breezy gust--so I can't blame it on the weather.

Take a Uber to a restaurant or order in. Anniversaries are really difficult. Sounds like time to move to a condo.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    No--it's a glorious day here--bright and sunny (which highlights every flaw in this cursed house...) with an occasional breezy gust--so I can't blame it on the weather.
    I know what you mean. It takes me weeks to get the house ready for company, and then I hope it's a very cloudy day when they come! If it's sunny, it's like you said.....every single flaw shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I know what you mean. It takes me weeks to get the house ready for company, and then I hope it's a very cloudy day when they come! If it's sunny, it's like you said.....every single flaw shows up.
    I can barely wait until it's someone else's albatross. This house deserves someone handy, which isn't moi. If only the moving process weren't so daunting...

Teacher Terry: I had leftovers. I'll get to the store tomorrow. I'll be fine.

Thread Information