Page 171 of 422 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Here is a typical Iris rant: Mission creep.

Organizations I belong to take on all kinds of, what appear to me to be, tangential activities that are not Part of their core mission.

Why do garden clubs need to involve themselves in social welfare work such as Adopt a Family and food pantries and Purses for Homeless and Head Start?

If they want a reason why they are losing members, this is one reason. Granted,
    i do not like social welfare stuff and stay far away from it. Which is why I join garden club activites, where
    I theoretically should be able to avoid it.

IL, that is very weird. I would not expect a garden club to deviate like that from the mission. I got burned out by volunteering for other reasons but at least could stick to their mission.

Yppej
    Over a month of temperatures pretty consistently in the upper 80's to low 100's. This is reinforcing my decision to vacation closer to home going forward and reduce my carbon consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why do garden clubs need to involve themselves in social welfare work
    Good question. Given that many organizations (not just garden clubs) are suffering for lack of participation now, why add even more to do? Bizarre.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'm disgusted to live in a country where people are forced to go bankrupt, lose their homes, or die an untimely death due to exorbitant health care costs while billionaires register their yachts in the Caymans to avoid paying taxes. (Looking at you, Betsy de Vos...)

Not sure if this is a peeve, but I bought some garden concrete stepping stones on sale for $1.99. (normal retail is $7.99)
    Great price, but when I brought it home and turned it over there was a sticker saying "Made in Vietnam." These are thick, 1.5 inches and about 12 inches across. How in the world does it make sense to have these made in Vietnam and shipped all the way to Arizona? Even if they have teenagers working for .50/hour the shipping costs would seem to cancel out that savings. Our economic world is upside down.

GRRR, why do people go to the cemetery, dump their dogs on the drive at the entry clogging up the traffic flow, then drive ahead to make their dogs follow and get their exercise.

They don't know where these dogs poop so no clean-up of poop. The dogs run across the graves as
    people are tending them, frightening them especially those who have no experience or bad experiences with dogs.
    I have tried to talk to one person with no luck as she just keeps driving. It is a cemetery, not a dog run, for goodness sake!

Had to vent somewhere so thanks.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Razz, I have never seen anyone do that. Totally bizarre!

Watch it Jane people going to start saying you want to steal the rich people’s wealth for the poor)

Peeve peeve. Peeve. Peeves. Peeeves. Peeves. Rant rant rant. Rants rants rants
    making this thread easier to be picked up in indexing

Thread Information