Page 254 of 422 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I need to vent about a friend that is driving me crazy.

She's my age. Pays all her bills via check sent by mail. Absolutely refuses to even consider using online bill pay or direct debit automatic payments. Thinks everything is going to be hacked. She apparently mails all bills at the PO, but due to the ongoing PO issues, a lot of her bills have arrived late or not at all. Mortgage payment has even been late. I suggested she go to the local currency exchange (where you can pay bills in person, get license plate tags, etc.) and pay all her utility bills there. Cell phone bill could be paid at cell phone store. Mortgage payment would still have to go via mail if she didn't do an electronic payment. Nope, currency exchange charges fees and those are too expensive.

I finally told her that unless she was willing to make the changes to make sure her bills arrived on time, I didn't want to hear her bellyaching anymore. She went off in a huff and I've not heard from her since.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I need to vent about a friend that is driving me crazy.

She's my age. Pays all her bills via check sent by mail. Absolutely refuses to even consider using online bill pay or direct debit automatic payments. Thinks everything is going to be hacked. She apparently mails all bills at the PO, but due to the ongoing PO issues, a lot of her bills have arrived late or not at all. Mortgage payment has even been late. I suggested she go to the local currency exchange (where you can pay bills in person, get license plate tags, etc.) and pay all her utility bills there. Cell phone bill could be paid at cell phone store. Mortgage payment would still have to go via mail if she didn't do an electronic payment. Nope, currency exchange charges fees and those are too expensive.

I finally told her that unless she was willing to make the changes to make sure her bills arrived on time, I didn't want to hear her bellyaching anymore. She went off in a huff and I've not heard from her since.
    Oh well, she can get over it or die mad. She also needs to realize that if anyone gets ahold her of her checking account information, they can do quite a bit of damage with it, too. Checks aren't really that much safer than paying on-line.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Oh well, she can get over it or die mad. She also needs to realize that if anyone gets ahold her of her checking account information, they can do quite a bit of damage with it, too. Checks aren't really that much safer than paying on-line.
    You and I know that, but try telling the anti-online payments people that!

You and I know that, but try telling the anti-online payments people that!
    We paid a visit to our Amish cabinet makers last week. The head guy there was lamenting the poor service from the post office. They do all their business by mail. Although they do have a very limited telephone system, their telephone is outdoors. They do nothing online.

This lack of reliable service is interfering with their business. Fortunately, they have tons of business they are backed up six months.

This is equally a Rant and a Rave.

Rave: Second technician came out this evening to inspect our new Lazyboy chair that does not work right. In 2 minutes he diagnosed two big missing screws that hold the base steady. 2 MINUTES. We have been trying to get Lazyboy to fix this since October.

Rant: First technician from same repair company told us it was not broken and was "just that way". I raised it to the BBB for the company selling something they did not deliver and got their attention. The repair company apparently sent a manager. Now we are going to get a package of parts and have the direct line to the company who will do the repair. Ends up being a manufacturing defect. Chair sent without quaility control and even without the remote.

Arggggg. Second technician said it was a good thing we kept at it.

Our mailman dropped mail in my yard without noticing. It was something for the second house down from me and something for the third house. This happened once before about 5 years ago so probably a different mailman, but it happening even once is too much.

It's bad enough that when mail gets delivered to the wrong house or the wrong street it often gets tossed in the trashcan because it doesn't look important to the person who received it, but the mailmen at least ought to be paying enough attention to not drop mail accidentally while walking from house to house.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Rant: First technician from same repair company...
    Correction: You should have said "alleged technician"

My upstairs neighbors are a$$hats. The entire unit has wood floors. Someone is stomping all over the living room floor. Occasionally running all over the living room. Now there’s jumping up and down in one spot. It’s 8:40pm here and I have to put up with this until 10pm when condo association quiet rules go into effect. After 10pm is when I can call the cops. At this point, it sounds like it’s deliberate.

I’m not going upstairs because I’ve been threatened before by others who’ve lived there before when I went up to ask them to turn music down. Plus, my knees can’t take the stairs.

I don’t know if these are new tenants up there or not.

My upstairs neighbors are a$$hats. The entire unit has wood floors. Someone is stomping all over the living room floor. Occasionally running all over the living room. Now there’s jumping up and down in one spot. It’s 8:40pm here and I have to put up with this until 10pm when condo association quiet rules go into effect. After 10pm is when I can call the cops. At this point, it sounds like it’s deliberate.

I’m not going upstairs because I’ve been threatened before by others who’ve lived there before when I went up to ask them to turn music down. Plus, my knees can’t take the stairs.

I don’t know if these are new tenants up there or not.
    I assume you've seen this commercial?

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Almost sounds to me like older toddlers running around and blowing off steam.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information