Page 209 of 422 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

We have a gate before our door so can’t lose our dogs or visiting ones. Dogs are people too so of course they are allowed on the furniture )

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We have a gate before our door so can’t lose our dogs or visiting ones. Dogs are people too so of course they are allowed on the furniture )
    Yeah--I don't see the point of having a dog or cat if you're going to treat it like a prisoner of war. Unless the point is control, I would suggest an aquarium.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah--I don't see the point of having a dog or cat if you're going to treat it like a prisoner of war. Unless the point is control, I would suggest an aquarium.
    Dogs do not have to get on furniture. Plenty of well loved and well cared for family pets are regulated to their own beds on the floor.

My own house would be cleaner and less smelly if dogs did not get on furniture.

cats—I won't address that. They will do what they wish to do. Our last several cats never got on the kitchen counters. Not because they were trained, but because they didnt want to.

We had to train the big guy not to get in our bed because of my asthma and he was used to sleeping with his dad. We let him on the couch. We bought him a big comfy bed for the bedroom. He liked to snuggle on the couch with us and the little ones all 80lbs of him. It would have been mean to exclude him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The dog was given a dog bed made by SERTA. He loved it once he got used to the idea of not going on furniture. He also was allowed to sleep either on that dog bed or a chair in our bedroom. I don't think he was treated like a prisoner. He just had to respect the rules of our house. He actually was quite pleasant once he understood the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The dog was given a dog bed made by SERTA. He loved it once he got used to the idea of not going on furniture. He also was allowed to sleep either on that dog bed or a chair in our bedroom. I don't think he was treated like a prisoner. He just had to respect the rules of our house. He actually was quite pleasant once he understood the rules.
    Maybe having an authoritative alpha in his life made him feel secure--dogs like a hierarchy, I guess.
    I've never much liked hierarchies; that's why I prefer cats.

Little dogs are lap dogs. Mine would have been pitching a fit.

Little dogs are lap dogs. Mine would have been pitching a fit.
    He was still in the room in close proximity to us. He also slept on the dogbed on the floor next to the bed or in the chair near the bed. He was close enough. We have had big dogs in the past.

All in all, think our dog days are over. We will just visit with all the neighbor dogs. We don't need one of our own.

Big dogs are totally different from little ones. Everyone I know that has little ones are lap dogs and if you are sitting they are in it. Big dogs are a lot more independent.

Big dogs are totally different from little ones. Everyone I know that has little ones are lap dogs and if you are sitting they are in it. Big dogs are a lot more independent.
    My big 60 pound dog would love to be carried around on my chest in a Snugli, you know, one of those baby carrier things. If he could live every day with his heart against my heart, he would be happy. The boy bulldogs can be such big babies. My girls were a little more independent.

My friend’s male pitbull is exactly the same. Big babies they are!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-19-19 at 10:49am.

Thread Information