Page 417 of 422 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    People need to stop dying. I am over it! Friends, cut it out!!!

yes, it is all about me.

From your cancer friend.

That is so sad. Condolences to his friends and any loving family he may have elsewhere.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post

From your cancer friend.
    haha, there is nothing like The Python.
    I am not a serious person.

My rant is having a blocked ear for two weeks now following a cold. I have tried every DIY thing out there but none have cleared it. Finally made a doc appt. so hoping I don't have to pay $300 to have it cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    My rant is having a blocked ear for two weeks now following a cold. I have tried every DIY thing out there but none have cleared it. Finally made a doc appt. so hoping I don't have to pay $300 to have it cleared.
    Is it from too much ear wax? Does it feel like it’s clogged and any sounds are like you’re underwater?

If it’s wax, this is what I’ve been doing since I was in junior high. My ears naturally make a ton of wax. Mother used to say I could start my own wax museum. Get some bobby pins. Stretch one open some so the U end is not such a sharp U. Very gently insert into your ear and see if you get any wax. The family doctor told me to do this. Works fab. It would be better if you put some olive oil in your ears to soften the wax up first.

I used to have my ears flushed on a regular basis growing up but I haven’t needed it in years. After I go diving and I’m underwater for a while, I’ll use the bobby pin on my ears. Diving really softens up the wax and makes it very easy to get out.

I don't know, Tradd, as I've never dealt with this before. I do use ear plugs since DH snores and perhaps that has led to some sort of buildup. I would be afraid to stick a bobby pin in my ear though.

Absolutely stressed out from an auto accident lawsuit my husband has been involved with for over a year. Unfortunately, the other guy in the accident is a lawyer so he is pulling some very dirty lawyer tricks. He is threatening to sue for punitive damages. All that we have worked for could be gone after, even though the other driver got the ticket for running a red light. No direct witnesses, but he's come up with this girl who "said" she "saw" the accident - her deposition is bullshit though. He somehow did "community work" and got the ticket expunged. K's lawyers don't seem to be doing much and don't keep in good contact with what is happening.
    The insurance company lawyer said he would "know something" next week about any sort of settlement was taken.

With me not working, and K's job really stressful already, we don't need this additional stress. I just want to lose it right now; I feel panicky.
    Last edited by SiouzQ.; 3-9-24 at 11:04am.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Hey, I had this happen once and got over it using ear candles. You can get them at Whole Foods or a health food store--I've seen them at Walmart, too.

Siouzq…that is terrifying.

deep breaths.
    I am not a serious person.

So sorry, SiouzQ. I hope it gets taken care of in a reasonable manner!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information