Page 242 of 421 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I bought a new router months ago, and so far I'm resisting the installation process. The first one wasn't hard, so I don't know why... And I never get ads for anything I've bought, or anything I need, for that matter.

Went to water a few plants and was stung a few times by wasps/hornets??? My arm really swelled. DH went out and no nest around?????

We were informed by the credit card we use for airline miles that they were replacing our (perfectly good) cards with new cards. I honestly cannot tell the difference between new and old other than the number/CVV (note the use of the singular, it's the same number/CVV for both of us; only the names on the card differ). Time to activate the cards. DW's goes easy-peasy.

Mine? Less so. I'm an "Authorized User" and already have the previous version of the CC that I've used with no problems, but DW has to log on to her account, verify that I am an "Authorized User" and they then have to send (to my own email) a verification code. It arrives (after taking long enough that her on-line session times out). Back to the activation site. Type it all in again and now create one of those &^8YY*)#_ passwords (literally, &^8YY*)#_ is an acceptable password). Our trusty password manager generates some truly heinous 12-place combination no one can type, I copy it on the computer's clipboard -- and the site will not let us paste it in. It has to be entered, digit by error-prone digit, twice (confirmation!) (this is why people use passwords like Spot-21). I finally type it in and verify it's correct and click Continue and ... nothing. No action on the bank site's part despite waiting a few minutes and clicking again. No error message. Just crickets.

I cut up my card. DW can use hers; I very seldom used this one anyway. You want me to use your product? Don't make it so &^8YY*)#_ hard to open the box.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

So my husband broke his ankle badly and needs surgery, pins and plates. It’s a new deductible year July 1. Ugh! It’s Monday and the hospital called and said we could pay our part then which is 4500. I said no way am I paying before I see what the insurance pays. Past experience showed me it’s very difficult to get a refund. I will give them the 825 on my HSA card since the deductible is more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So my husband broke his ankle badly and needs surgery, pins and plates. It’s a new deductible year July 1. Ugh! It’s Monday and the hospital called and said we could pay our part then which is 4500. I said no way am I paying before I see what the insurance pays. Past experience showed me it’s very difficult to get a refund. I will give them the 825 on my HSA card since the deductible is more than that.
    So sorry to hear!

Terry, so sorry! Glad you will hesitate on paying out, that sounds sensible.

I have had multiple tests now at the Hermann hospital, just standard old-people tests, and I keep getting mailings I don’t understand. But I’ve not been required to pay a dime for them. The mailings have a “your portion is/may be $$$.” Paragraph but no one is coming after me for money.

IL.... what are old people tests????

TT, so sorry about your dh. I can only imagine the pain he is in. Hope it gets worked out and he heals quickly.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    IL.... what are old people tests????
    mammogram, bone density test, colonoscopy, scanning of various organs.

I have had some not all of these.

Terry, that's awful. How did he break it so badly? My son broke his wrist and needed surgery and plates. He is paying it off over 18 months. (He is the one who lost his job last month due to Covid.)

The healing went really really well, however, so the surgery was the right move, and I'm hoping your husband is out of pain now.

Thread Information