Page 274 of 422 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am going on with my life. I am not foregoing the use of gas.

If someone stole from your disabled child would you want to see that person?

As I recall you are liberal. How you feel about running into Donald Trump? Would it make you cringe? Would you try to avoid Trump Tower, Mar-a-Lago, or other places where you might run into him?
    You recall wrong. I am an independent. I would not go out of my way for trump. I would just ignore his ugly a$$. He is not worth the effort of recognizing or even acknowledging. He no longer has the power to affect my life.

Recently met a guy that used to be a friend at a garage sale. I stood right next to him and said not a word. The only way people can get †o you is if you let them. Your ex won because he still affects you.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You recall wrong. I am an independent. I would not go out of my way for trump. I would just ignore his ugly a$$. He is not worth the effort of recognizing or even acknowledging. He no longer has the power to affect my life.

Recently met a guy that used to be a friend at a garage sale. I stood right next to him and said not a word. The only way people can get †o you is if you let them. Your ex won because he still affects you.
    Did Eichmann win at his trial because he was stonefaced and occasionally had a flicker of a smile? Did his victims during that trial, shaken by Eichmann's crimes, lose?

Or is your interpretation facile and dismissive of victimized people?

I have heard people with your mentality before dismissing victim discomfort.

"So a priest touched your a$$, get over it" or dismissing MeToo concerns.

Good to know what type of person you are.

Maybe you could travel to Surfside and offer your amateur counseling there - they're obviously dead, give up the false hope, get over it, get on with your lives, don't let those who ignored the building reports win by being affected.

yeppj... you infer too much.... therein lies your problem. You will always be a victim.

Saw the evil ex at the gas station. Why can't the world be a bigger place? I like this gas station but now I'm going to start going elsewhere.
    I was in that mind frame too... I changed where I shopped. where I showed my horses etc ( he kept his horse in the area) etc..... Until I finally realized that he is a miserable person and treats everyone else the same way he treated me. It was not about me... Since I found out that he treated other women the same way, it became non personal to me. That was very freeing
    Back story: we got married, it ended 7 years later. The house we were in was the love of my life. I was able to cash him out ( Thank You Gramma ) He had to be out by Oct. He drug his feet until he was threatened with involvement if the law. And because he was the KING of passive aggressive, he moved out, leaving a mess for me to clean up .. And the ultimate move of passive aggressive, he rented a house 1/2 mile from me, on the same street. The freeway was closer him by going north. I would see him going south past my place to go to the freeway. And yes, I would see him rubberneck to see if I was outside or what was going on with the house. The area that I worked my horses was parallel to the road, so I saw him drive by often. It was a very impowering moment for me . I began shopping where I used to, I started showing back at where he had his horse. I moved on... And that is an awesome feeling

Boss mare, good for you taking charge of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Boss mare, good for you taking charge of your life!
    Thank You. I found that by going about your business and ignoring them gives me the power.
    also... quite awhile ago, I posted on the Family and Relationships section that I was listed as deceased on my high school memorial FB page. September 2019 was our 40th high school reunion . My first husband ( the passive aggressive on was #2 ) was there . I ignored him too. and here he thought I was dead LOL. Jeppy.... Ya gotta try and find the humor in things
    Last edited by boss mare; 7-3-21 at 6:52pm. Reason: edited because I forgot that 2020 was a thing LOL

Yppej
    I did ignore him and he ignored me. But I still would rather not run into him. I want to fill my life with positivity as much as possible.

I did ignore him and he ignored me. But I still would rather not run into him. I want to fill my life with positivity as much as possible.
    It was most likely a one-off chance that he was there. Now... Lets look at this a step further. What if he decides to got to a different gas station because he saw you. And you go to a different one. And this different one turns out to be the one you both inadvertently decide to frequent. Then what? best thing to do is ignore him. There is a saying "Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    It was most likely a one-off chance that he was there. Now... Lets look at this a step further. What if he decides to got to a different gas station because he saw you. And you go to a different one. And this different one turns out to be the one you both inadvertently decide to frequent. Then what? best thing to do is ignore him. There is a saying "Living Well Is The Best Revenge"
    Usually I get gas on the way home but there was a storm so I went in the morning. So if I go in the evening plus somewhere else I should be doubly good. The last I knew he didn't have a car and he was buying snacks and drinks not gas. So if I go a couple miles away I likely will not see him.

And I was glad I had put on weight, let my hair go gray, and was dressed unattractively. Living well I might still be attractive to him and I want to repel him.

The only sure thing besides death and taxes is the other shoe dropping when things are doing well.

Just need to get in the habit of not getting overly excited about something, as when something is going well, the other shoe drops sooner than later.

Not work related. I can't discuss it.

Thread Information