Page 223 of 422 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

These are the best hot pad holders in the world. They are dense and pliable. Someone made them for me some years ago and it is the second set I have from her. They are wearing out and I cannot ask her to make me another set.

Each year someone else sends me hand knitted versions because she thinks I like knited potholders but the ones she sends yearly are useless. They do not protect my hands from heat they are not dense. I hate them. Into the trash they go.

Between yesterday‘s mail and today’s mail we got a slew of holiday cards I don’t care about, I just threw them in the trash after opening.

Today’s mail brought a book of travel photos from one of our financial guys. So unnecessary. I’ll have to keep it around for a bit until I can offload it to a booksale. And of course I have to spend my time writing a thank you note.

It’s the 19th and I am so over this holiday. I was enjoying it until today but I’m done.

570285AA-220E-400F-BBC9-A8521C97739F.jpg

Sneak attack: in Hermann where we have a weekend house DH is, as I have said many times, deforesting the scrubby trees and near-dead trees in the tiny grove at the bottom of our hill. Sadly, we will probably have to take down two nice maple shade trees in front of this house because they are in the way of our planned garage. That is really too bad and
    i am sincerely bummed by it. On one side of the house we have a gorgeous huge bald cypress, that, while slightly annoying for dropping its needles all over the place, is generally a good tree. It is an eye cAtcher, perfectly formed and fully mature. It factored into our decision to renovate the existing 1941 cottage rather than tear it down and build new. We didnt want to kill it the cypress tree.

so now, we find it has snuck its long tendrils of roots into our sewer system. That is gratitude for ya.

TLDR: trees= can’t trust ‘em

That’s funny IL. So does the tree have to go or is there a way to keep it? We had to dig up a rose bush that did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s funny IL. So does the tree have to go or is there a way to keep it? We had to dig up a rose bush that did the same thing.
    Oh
    i suppose we will continue to coddle the cypress, and will clean out the sewer. We dont yet know how badly the roots have infiltrated.

We have not yet started construction on our cottage. And now, we’ve heard through the grapevine that a lot next to our property could be purchase, widening our property on the cypress side and making it even more attractive for a new build.

if we had any brains we would raze the house and the tree and just build a new house. Serve it right.

What about that very special wall mural? Could it be moved to a new house?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Have you tried Rootx?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    What about that very special wall mural? Could it be moved to a new house?
    The wall mural WAS moved. The historical society paid to have it removed, repaired, and rehung in town. So that is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Have you tried Rootx?
    we havent tried anything yet beyond a quick snaking.we just found out about it.

I hope you can find a way to spare the maples. We lost one a couple of years ago when it got struck by lightning, and the yard lost a lot of its appeal. It was one of a trio, very very old and large. Broke my heart,and the setting not nearly so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I hope you can find a way to spare the maples. We lost one a couple of years ago when it got struck by lightning, and the yard lost a lot of its appeal. It was one of a trio, very very old and large. Broke my heart,and the setting not nearly so pretty.
    It is possible that one them may stay, depends on architectural plans. Funnily enough our architect lives across the street and he is lamenting the absence of these maple, all the while making up,the plans to do them in! Haha. they are really pretty and in the prime of their life, so it is sad.

Thread Information