Page 164 of 421 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

LOL Alan. It's a pretty risky thing to do, but they're young. They'll learn......... haha

Float On.....thanks for the link, but I think I'll pass. I really don't sweat in my underarms........it's usually my head and face......then my hair looks plastered down, and my blouse catches all the drips and gets all wet. I can't wait!
    DH hardly sweats at all. Not fair!

People who have the same things to do as you but continually say they don’t have time for ANYTHING. They, obviously, do not know how to prioritize and EVERYTHING is important. It drives me nuts! ... or they have too high of an opinion of themselves?

Yppej
    Frugal-one it is a status symbol. Look how important I am!

My peeves today are insect bites and poison ivy. That's what I get for being a weekend landscaper.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    People who have the same things to do as you but continually say they don’t have time for ANYTHING. They, obviously, do not know how to prioritize and EVERYTHING is important. It drives me nuts! ... or they have too high of an opinion of themselves?
    Yes--like those people who consistently over-schedule themselves, then complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yes--like those people who consistently over-schedule themselves, then complain about it.
    Yes, that is annoying for sure!

But then there are the over-schedulers who do not complain. They just are not reliable.

I have a new friend who is a competent person in many of the things she carries out. She can accomplish things! But here’s the deal: she overschedules herself so much that she doesnt deliver all of the time and that leaves people and events hanging.

I purposely stayed off her committee, one she volunteered to head up in one group, because I think it will end up being a shitshow, and that isnt due to her so much as due to the fact that the job is way too big for the resources allocated. I do not think she will be able to pull it off, and there will be blame and shaming that follows. But also, I dont think that The Big Thing is entirely necessary, just parts of it are.

I just dont understand why she rushed into manage the Big Thing.

I got email from her last week saying that another group she belongs to has carefully questioned her committment to taking on a role. She is unhappy about their scrutiny. I think they are right.

I am having a reeeaaaalllly hard time keeping my mouth shut on a “journal” on another website. OMG it is so hard! Ack. And no it is not the citrus journal, it is the journal of, well, someone who has a lot of fawning fangirls and who takes herself and her walls of text very seriously.

But then I remember that

1) perhaps iris needs to consider her own walls of text
    2) perhaps thousands of weekly posts from iris is the online equivilent of a “journal”

and so pot and kettle meet. A lesson here I think.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, that is annoying for sure!

But then there are the over-schedulers who do not complain. They just are not reliable.

I have a new friend who is a competent person in many of the things she carries out. She can accomplish things! But here’s the deal: she overschedules herself so much that she doesnt deliver all of the time and that leaves people and events hanging.

I purposely stayed off her committee, one she volunteered to head up in one group, because I think it will end up being a shitshow, and that isnt due to her so much as due to the fact that the job is way too big for the resources allocated. I do not think she will be able to pull it off, and there will be blame and shaming that follows. But also, I dont think that The Big Thing is entirely necessary, just parts of it are.

I just dont understand why she rushed into manage the Big Thing.

I got email from her last week saying that another group she belongs to has carefully questioned her committment to taking on a role. She is unhappy about their scrutiny. I think they are right.

Is she a doctor or work in a doctor's office, where they schedule more patients then they can see, due to expecting some to cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Is she a doctor or work in a doctor's office, where they schedule more patients then they can see, due to expecting some to cancel?
    No, these are all volunteer jobs.

The old farmers always sit around Hardees drinking coffee in the morning. They are a staple at any Hardees in small Midwestern towns.

Well, those guys in Hermann are MY AGE! When did that happen, that the OLD GUYS DRINKInG cOFFEeE became so much younger?

haha.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The old farmers always sit around Hardees drinking coffee in the morning. They are a staple at any Hardees in small Midwestern towns.

Well, those guys in Hermann are MY AGE! When did that happen, that the OLD GUYS DRINKInG cOFFEeE became so much younger?

haha.

Thread Information