Page 192 of 422 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I don't know about you Jane, but almost everything concerning fixing our house feels daunting. I have lost so much energy in my older age. And like you, doing things to fix it are so daunting, it sort of paralyzes me. I can't believe I got so much done when I was younger and didn't think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I don't know about you Jane, but almost everything concerning fixing our house feels daunting. I have lost so much energy in my older age. And like you, doing things to fix it are so daunting, it sort of paralyzes me. I can't believe I got so much done when I was younger and didn't think twice about it.
    Exactly. Moving on my own didn't seem like such an impossibility when I was young and spry. I feel your paralysis.

I dont feel paralysis YET but I wanna get out of multiple-properties ownership before we reach that. I want DH to have his little acre to putter around in, in safe Hermann. I wont have to worry about him being beat up or mugged by ghetto youth over in our spare city properties.

He has a riding mower to mow the Herman acre. He has made huge progress on getting rid of our tiny forest of scrap and dead trees here in Hermann, but he needs to complete that before he gets too old. He has cut down at least 35 trees. Burned the stumps. Chopped the trunks into burning wood. He is 64! I think he will enjoy this next decade in this little town with his acre of land. but—I do not want him to work so bloody hard.

Hey, at 67, my hubby is doing squats with 100 pounds on his shoulders. More than any of the other college students (other than one young Greek god). He also shovels the whole block and walkways when it snows (and wished it snowed more, crazy I know). He works 5-6 days a week for Habitat for Humanity from right now until November. I think it all keeps him alive because otherwise he would just sit.

Jane, wish I lived by you because I am a ninja fast packer and could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Jane, wish I lived by you because I am a ninja fast packer and could help you.
    I appreciate your virtual help! Now I need a virtual repair crew...
    And a sedative.

I have always found moving exciting which is why I probably have done so much. My mom had to move at 84 and 85 and both times when I flew out to pack her she had everything but the kitchen done. The next morning she left st 9 and when she came home at 4 my friend and I had totally unpacked her whole 2 bedroom apartment. She couldn’t believe it and just stood there with her mouth open. That also included washing all her dishes because they were wrapped in newspaper. We have made this home as low maintenance as possible. IL, I certainly would not live somewhere that it was dangerous to be outside. It’s a shame that your historical neighborhood has to deal with that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have always found moving exciting which is why I probably have done so much. My mom had to move at 84 and 85 and both times when I flew out to pack her she had everything but the kitchen done. The next morning she left st 9 and when she came home at 4 my friend and I had totally unpacked her whole 2 bedroom apartment. She couldn’t believe it and just stood there with her mouth open. That also included washing all her dishes because they were wrapped in newspaper. We have made this home as low maintenance as possible. IL, I certainly would not live somewhere that it was dangerous to be outside. It’s a shame that your historical neighborhood has to deal with that crap.
    well, it is more the spare house neighborhood that is iffy. Ours is relatively safe, by Murder City standards anyway.

Some fool just built a $1.5 million dollar house two blocks from us, and two blocks from public housing project. That is not money well spent, even if I DO love my neighborhood.

I forgot your spare houses are separate. Yeah those people sound like morons to spend that much money in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    well, it is more the spare house neighborhood that is iffy. Ours is relatively safe, by Murder City standards anyway.

Some fool just built a $1.5 million dollar house two blocks from us, and two blocks from public housing project. That is not money well spent, even if I DO love my neighborhood.
    Maybe it was people who already lived in the housing project and won the lottery?

Thread Information