Page 166 of 423 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 4225

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

The Apple Store. O.M.G.

The chaos. the cacophony. Screaming, running children. A blaring siren in the back of the store,comng from some sort of kids’ program.

I had to sit admist that shitstorm of foul noise for 30 minutes.

That sounds horrible IL. I never allowed my kids to do that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That sounds horrible IL. I never allowed my kids to do that stuff.

It was my third, and likely last, visit to The Apple Store which is located in the giant consumer shopping mall which is hellish in its own right. (I did stop by a jewelry store, distracted by a lovely new collection of rings!)

I dont order expensive products online because I don't want them delivered to my home, too much theft going on around here.

I should have just brought it home for set up. It isnt as though The Apple Store had really fast wifi because it did not.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-21-18 at 11:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The Apple Store. O.M.G.
    I love Apple products; have for years. I thought the Stores were a brilliant idea when they were first introduced. But I, too, dread going to the stores these days. It's just pandemonium with so many people milling around and everything is poorly managed by the staff. Some Stores are better than others. But my experience overall is they're really starting to become a negative for Apple customers and I wonder when Apple is going to realize that and make some changes.

Ob Peeve/Rant: people who seem to do everything in the driver's seat but drive.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The Apple Store. O.M.G.

The chaos. the cacophony. Screaming, running children. A blaring siren in the back of the store,comng from some sort of kids’ program.

I had to sit admist that shitstorm of foul noise for 30 minutes.
    Surprised they aren't using that, to try to market air/ear buds to you (so you can drown out their noise).

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Surprised they aren't using that, to try to market air/ear buds to you (so you can drown out their noise).
    Ear buds are too cheap, they wouldn't make money on them.

Steve’s word “pandemonium” is spot on, even when school is in session and so many kids aren’t around the place is silly loud.

I kept thinking “this place needs a sky lounge, a V.I.P. Section, where I can pay $$$ and walk through padded automatic doors that close out the noise the minute I am on the other side.” One guy sitting by me, my age, said when I commented on the noisy people “well, they try to treat eveyone the same” which immediately made me feel like I was an Orwellian prole. The workers paradise is a noisy hellhole, I guess.

On the other side of me was a little grandpa guy who was there with his 12 year old grandson. Grandson was getting gramp’s phone switched out from Android to Apple.That was cute.

The 2 apple stores I’ve been in have been almost genteel. There must be a lot of variability. One was in the west Phoenix/Scottsdale area and one was on The Path in downtown Toronto.

Most of the time my husband hands me my Apple devices, already set up. I’m totally spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    The 2 apple stores I’ve been in have been almost genteel. There must be a lot of variability. One was in the west Phoenix/Scottsdale area and one was on The Path in downtown Toronto.
    One in a very active mall was busy but the staff were attentive and helpful resolving my issues with my new iPhone. The other two stores have been genteel as Tammy experienced.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The wildfire smoke is worse today - officially very unhealthy ☠️ to go outside and breathe. Ugh.
    And a new triple-digit heat wave just kicked in. Heat, smoke, 👹

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    The wildfire smoke is worse today - officially very unhealthy ☠️ to go outside and breathe. Ugh.
    And a new triple-digit heat wave just kicked in. Heat, smoke, ��
    I hope this is resolved soon, especially for the sake of your dogs and other animals.

Thread Information