Page 172 of 422 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Ok, rant about my own stupidity.

I saw a pretty iris in the Missouri Botanical Garden, more interesting than pretty really. Ordered it for $22 along with a few others.

Today, as I was fussing around with my iris database, I found it listed in my database as one I already own, got it FREE last year from Keith Keppel as a bonus. Doh. Well if anyone cares it is Idle Rich, photo here:

http://www.keithkeppeliris.com/IdleRich.html

By the way, Keith Keppel just won the Dykes medal with Haunted Heart. Here is a link to a photo of this pretty and unusual iris:

https://www.google.com/search?q=haun...mNk9KSwvSuODM:

And then, last week I worked our Iris
    society’s sale and vowed not to buy any iris since I have, literally-not-exagerating thousands of rhizomes now and will be giving up, that land. So, at the sale
    I did see one iris that I fancied
    I “needed” because , well, doesnt matter. I had forgotten my check book.

When I got home I did work in my iris database and found, you guessed it, that iris as one
    I already own.

Too many iris! Need to consult database at all times!!!

IL, I tried to scroll down your post #1711 to see the link for the image of the iris but could not do so. When I hit 'reply with quote' I was able to read the rest of your post and find the link. Not sure why this happened.
    Anyway, that iris https://www.google.com/search?q=haun...3hLbxnfoL4AdM: is absolutely gorgeous with all its delicate colouring and ruffles.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    IL, I tried to scroll down your post #1711 to see the link for the image of the iris but could not do so. When I hit 'reply with quote' I was able to read the rest of your post and find the link. Not sure why this happened.
    Anyway, that iris https://www.google.com/search?q=haun...3hLbxnfoL4AdM: is absolutely gorgeous with all its delicate colouring and ruffles.
    I have been fussing around with this post to add links, so that is probably why you had trouble with it initially.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Too many iris! Need to consult database at all times!!!
    You are not alone! I have done exactly the same thing with music albums. There are a couple for which I have 2-3 vinyl copies and sometimes a CD version. And I have a database I created the first time I discovered the dupes. I just don't look at it...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

There's a big lighted, portable reader board on my street this morning. listing hours of a "grind and grade" operation as 3 AM (!) to 4 PM. I don't know where this will be going on, but I know no street nearby appears in need of grinding or grading--not a pothole in sight. The onslaught continues.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There's a big lighted, portable reader board on my street this morning. listing hours of a "grind and grade" operation as 3 AM (!) to 4 PM. I don't know where this will be going on, but I know no street nearby appears in need of grinding or grading--not a pothole in sight. The onslaught continues.
    Ah, I am sorry about this construction noise. I know how it drives you mad. Here is hoping they can complete that work in 48 hours. Maybe a stay in a hotel is called for.

Walmart rant........newly remodeled local Walmart which is only about 2 miles from my house.

Lots more self checkouts put in.

I refuse to use them.

The day I get there and have to wait more than 10 minutes for a live cashier is the day I leave my cart and go to another store.

Makes me furious because I know some of the older people who have worked there for years and are having hours cut.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ah, I am sorry about this construction noise. I know how it drives you mad. Here is hoping they can complete that work in 48 hours. Maybe a stay in a hotel is called for.
    So far, it's been quieter than usual here. Even the float planes aren't taking off. Supposedly, this is a four-day event, of which one and a half have passed without incident. i have sets of earplugs and earmuffs all over the house because this goes on all summer, every summer.

Adding to Tenngal's rant about self-checkout. Our big regional super center does not have a lane cashier before 8am on Sunday. We had a quick trip with a full cart on a Sunday before 8am and was ready to leave it in the checkout lane and walk out when the cashier appeared.

My own big peeve. Three major north south streets going out of downtown are being either partially or fully closed at the same time. One to resurface, one for sewers and the replacement of the sidewalks they removed to add the sewer repair, initial bus lane changes (big ones), and the last one is a delay in fancy bridge repairs. It almost takes a zigzag to go north from downoowtn.

Thread Information