Page 300 of 422 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Pure and simple rant. Why does husband immediately turn on the TV loud when he is sitting and reading a book? Or go to the bathroom with the TV on and try to hold a conversation with me thru the door? Or in fact try to hold a conversation about something else when that darn TV is on?

Brought back a lot of similar memories. I empathize.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Pure and simple rant. Why does husband immediately turn on the TV loud when he is sitting and reading a book? Or go to the bathroom with the TV on and try to hold a conversation with me thru the door? Or in fact try to hold a conversation about something else when that darn TV is on?
    I’ve come to the conclusion that men have different hearing capacity than women.

DH here at my house is happy when two noise boxes are going at the same time, the radio and the TV. If he can be on the phone OR talk to me in that situation, that seems to be Nirvana for him.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-5-21 at 6:12pm.

That’s super annoying. My last ex was like that.

Iris, that’s funny!

My rant today is customers getting pissy that their containers are delayed. Can’t do a damned thing about it so yelling at me does no good at all. Got this after letting customer know of another delay. It’s been delayed for two weeks now. Into Oakland.

DH leaves the tv on even when he goes outside to work. Leaves tv on for long periods when nowhere around it.

Haha. Definitely a male thing (inviting males on this forum to defend yourselves). DH has to have the TV on, and because his hearing isn't what it used to be, it's LOUD! And then sometimes on top of that, he asks Alexa to blast I Got You Babe. Before I've had my coffee. Not good.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    DH leaves the tv on even when he goes outside to work. Leaves tv on for long periods when nowhere around it.
    The only thing that saved my sanity during recent years of retirement is that we in this house always had a habit of never turning on television until after 6 pm and usually 7 pm.I only have to listen to radio, and after 10 am he doesn’t seem to mind if I turn it off. Since Rush died, there isn’t daily radio programs g I want to hear at home anyway.

Now that DH spends three or four days in Hermann every week, I have blessed silence. And now it’s weird that when he’s home here he no longer has to have the radio blaring all the time.

I was pretty worried about future one-floor living in Hermann, but I have since planned for one downstairs bedroom to be his TV room with a door that closes. Problem solved.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-5-21 at 7:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Haha. Definitely a male thing (inviting males on this forum to defend yourselves). DH has to have the TV on, and because his hearing isn't what it used to be, it's LOUD! And then sometimes on top of that, he asks Alexa to blast I Got You Babe. Before I've had my coffee. Not good.
    I would love to hear jp chime in on this topic since he has a household with two men. Do they co-exist happily with loud blaring noise boxes?

I would like to note that this is yet another reason why “open concept “homes are so F***KED up. The noise factor is extreme.

It's usually pretty quiet in our house. DW has some TV shows she likes to watch but the TV goes on when she watches them and she turns it off when she's done. There's also a TV downstairs she can watch while she works on "stuff". That one tends to get left on more than the upstairs TV, but, then, so does every light on that level, the heater (if she's using it), her computer and printer, and (it seems) anything else down there that has a power switch. *sigh*

If I am alone in the house I often (but not always) will turn on the stereo to listen to music but sometimes even I enjoy "The Sounds Of Silence" by not-Simon-&-Garfunkel. I would play more music in the house while DW is around but I have eclectic tastes that she does not often share. The TV (or radio ftm) is never a soundtrack around here.

DD and DSiL have the TV on in their house almost all the time, though, and DW and I just don't get it. My mom/brother watch a lot of TV and, owing to aural deficiencies, it's LOUD. We finally learned to just quit saying anything while we are over there until the volume goes down. Neither one of them hears real well anyway (cause? effect?) so the competitive noise only annoyed everyone.

So I guess I'll be marked as one guy who does not love to have noise blasting at all times. Anyone else?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information