Page 87 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Apatheticnomore: I suspect a lot of people wouldn't understand what a tragedy it is to lose one's salad spinner. Fortunately, you've come to the right place!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Apatheticnomore: I suspect a lot of people wouldn't understand what a tragedy it is to lose one's salad spinner. Fortunately, you've come to the right place!
    +1

I thought that might have been the Simple Living Fates striking down a superfluous (as deemed by some) kitchen gadget

Yes a tragedy. I'm eating a green salad (with lots of stuff sometimes avocadoes, sometimes cheese, sometimes marinated 3 bean salad) pretty much every weekday for lunch so there is that. It wasn't the cheapest salad spinner (did check thrifts and online just for the heck of it) so maybe the Simple Living Fates will strike it down condemning me to a life of soggy lettuce.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Yes a tragedy. I'm eating a green salad (with lots of stuff sometimes avocadoes, sometimes cheese, sometimes marinated 3 bean salad) pretty much every weekday for lunch so there is that. It wasn't the cheapest salad spinner (did check thrifts and online just for the heck of it) so maybe the Simple Living Fates will strike it down condemning me to a life of soggy lettuce.

They do show up. Every salad spinner I have is second hand but they are sporadic, showing up just here or there. I still use my however old it is, vintage tupper ware spinner.

double post

What's simpler than centrifugal force?
    (Or should we start calling it centrifrugal force?)

I love my salad spinner too. I laughed at my mother for buying it for me ... 30 years ago? And have since apologized several times. It has a crack but still works, I will not release it to the universe! No!

peeve: um, come waltzing into the kitchen like I haven't spent literally 800 hours a year listing, shopping, cooking and cleaning up the food, with $$$ worth of not-on-sale, budget screwing, unnecessary, snacky and/or perishable items we already have or that will cause other things to go bad while we eat these, and act like it's a favor. WTF WTF WTF this is a dumb domestic job I never asked for but This Job Is Taken. It is a business, a work in progress, a magnificently efficient symphony of lists and scheduling that requires communication if it's going to be revamped. I'm so angry right now, it's like the sacrifice of my life is invisible.

The monetizing of everything has reached ridiculous new heights. Within my company it used to take a single email to get a service dept. to get something you needed. The employees of this dept work on-site but are actually a vendor to which that work was outsourced.

But lo, they now need a "charge number" from the Finance dept. and a very lengthy "task review form" to be filled out. They sent me the handy instructions on how to fill out this form, and the Powerpoint of instructions is 18 pages long. I have complained mightily up my chain of command, and our top leader has agreed to discuss this with their leadership to see if we can get some sanity back in this. But if nothing is changed, my productivity just dropped an easy 10% because of the time I will have to devote to this absolute nonsense.

Shoes with noisy heels. Clip-clop-clip-clop like a horse...

I've been completely ignoring you kidses' peeve rants, due to the fact that they are sooo very trivial, in comparison to MY littlebitty prollems. Ha. See, one of Murphy's many laws, in the subset of Murphy's Laws, is this: "Any Time You Make A Special Trip To Wally World To Get Something In Particular That You Really Need, They Will Be Plumb Out Of It." See? So, I went in there to get cheap coffee; Gloss White Spray Paint in the 97-cent house brand; Cardboard; and Special Kitty Cat Litter. Well Guess What? You Guessed it---they were out of litter in the large, economy size, so I got 3 itty-bitty bags of special kitty; Gotta keep kitty happy, See? They were out of Gloss white--they had tons of Flat white; So,I bought a quart of krylon gloss-white, that I will need to use a spray gun to apply; Okay--NO cheap coffee. Wally world sees no reason to be cheap any more; they are well on their way to eliminating the competition in this town, so why try harder to be the lowest price-always. Not. So, I bought my favorite, a brand that is packed in OKC. Or so it says on the label. What else? Some aerosol self-etching primer. Okay--one can left, missing the lid. Product seemed okay, and I have a project going tomorrow, so I took a chance. Wish mee Luckk. Cardboard--they had plenty, but if they didn't have any cardboard to give away, I could live with that, as I have some at home. But, they did, so I stocked up. Will need that c-board, tomorrow. How do you like that? Thankk Mee.

Thread Information