Page 415 of 422 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m so glad that our two cats get along. They’re not buddies. They pass each other in the night and barely interact. But at least they don’t fight with each other. One time I saw one of them chase the other in fun, but that was a one time occurrence.

The problems in our house come with our dog and our orange cat. She sees him as an enemy, not surprising because he goes after her. Our dog is fine with our brown cat. Brown cat likes dogs and he is at ease with this dog.
    These two can be best buddies one minute (licking each other and/or laying side by side asleep) and then mortal enemies the next. Can't predict when or why it will happen. Boone will hiss at Gracie and then go over and lick her. I'm thinking both have some sort of anxiety. Gracie is very restless and will constantly patrol the house. Boone is more laid back but he is usually the victim in these fights so he never knows when he'll get attacked.

Today I’m cranky about all of the cheap crap manufactured in China. I’m putting the finishing touches on outfitting, DH’s bedroom and other than the great vintage bed I got for 50 bucks, everything else is new. Yuck. The shipment of two nightstands had one of them broken. The bedspread and pillows are nice enough I guess but the quality of the fabric is not nearly as nice as a similar bedspread I took from the street some years ago. A homeless person had littered with it, so I picked it up and took it home. It was freshly laundered, you could smell the Tide.
    I am not a serious person.

Rant,

Friday, I found out all my bills, bank statements, etc. had all been returned to sender for the last month. I thought the mail was still playing catch up, as my change of address expired on Feb. 1st, but the postal carrier kept sending the stuff back, thinking it was still being forwarded, and instead it was all returned to sender.
    Accountant asked why wasn't everything online, to which I said well if I have to be off for cancer and need to cut expenses, the internet is my biggest non utility expense.

Also found out that while in Chemo last week, my insurance company decided to change their billing setup
    So while I am off and not with it, and am the only one who deals with this stuff, I came back to find out that I wasn't going to have insurance, and the company won't talk to me as I am not the listed contact person, but the completely tech illiterate idiot is, who gave me an address to send something, but didn't list, or say what, so we both need to be on the phone tomorrow again.
    I was able to get it paid online and reset up automatic billing, they just won't talk to me about it.

This doesn't even cover the stupid stuff that the owner has done, which is leaving me waiting to cash my last two paychecks, so I can buy groceries and move back into my home.
    Wish I had some steaks to grill over all the fires I have had to put out today.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Rant,

Friday, I found out all my bills, bank statements, etc. had all been returned to sender for the last month. I thought the mail was still playing catch up, as my change of address expired on Feb. 1st, but the postal carrier kept sending the stuff back, thinking it was still being forwarded, and instead it was all returned to sender.
    Accountant asked why wasn't everything online, to which I said well if I have to be off for cancer and need to cut expenses, the internet is my biggest non utility expense.

Also found out that while in Chemo last week, my insurance company decided to change their billing setup
    So while I am off and not with it, and am the only one who deals with this stuff, I came back to find out that I wasn't going to have insurance, and the company won't talk to me as I am not the listed contact person, but the completely tech illiterate idiot is, who gave me an address to send something, but didn't list, or say what, so we both need to be on the phone tomorrow again.
    I was able to get it paid online and reset up automatic billing, they just won't talk to me about it.

This doesn't even cover the stupid stuff that the owner has done, which is leaving me waiting to cash my last two paychecks, so I can buy groceries and move back into my home.
    Wish I had some steaks to grill over all the fires I have had to put out today.
    OMG you shouldn’t have to deal with this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!I hate that for you!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    OMG you shouldn’t have to deal with this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!I hate that for you!
    I agree!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Too much, no smartphone? No internet at all home?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Too much, no smartphone? No internet at all home?
    Work provided smart phone (I would have stayed with my $40 a year prepaid cell otherwise). Internet at home, but it is my only possible cut expense, unless I don't want to pay things like gas, water and electricity, house payment. I leave it as an optional expense, not mandatory like food and utilities.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this cr@p right now! I hope everything is straightened out quickly and you can concentrate on your health!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Dear Goodwill:

It is really tough to convince me to buy from you when your prices are practically the same as Amazon.

Goodwill price for 6 matching coffee mugs, color slightly off from what I prefer:$16.98

Amazon orice for 6 mugs exact shade: $19.99
    Amazon price for 6 mugs slight off color: $17.99

To save the planet, I bought the Goodwill mugs. Saves gas in delivery, packaging. Yay for me being the responsible one. Haha.

Husband found out his co-worker died yesterday. He was 84 years old and never got to retire. He was so worried that his wife wouldn't be taken care of after he died that he never stopped working. She, on the other hand, never worked. Not even being a SAHM. She decided she didn't want to be a wife or mom and literally abandoned her kid from another marriage and the kid from this marriage onto her husband and divorced him. Guy went into the military and raised these two kids by himself. After retiring and the kids grew up, she came back and they got remarried. Since she wasn't married to him during his military years, she wasn't entitled to any of his benefits. So, the guy worked until last November when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer (which the doctors missed for years for some reason). He battled it for four months and passed yesterday never having a day of retirement. While he was still working, he'd often talk to my husband about one day moving to Florida and enjoying himself. At 84, time was running out anyway but it's really sad that this guy never got a day's rest from employment before getting sick and having that to deal with.

Thread Information