Page 246 of 421 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    TT, so sorry about your dh. I can only imagine the pain he is in. Hope it gets worked out and he heals quickly.
    I feel the same, TT.

Thanks Simone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Flatline? That was a derecho Monday! Half a million folks in the Chicago area had no power due to that storm. It spawned something like 12 tornadoes in northern IL. It missed my area, but some saw 100 mph winds.
    Today heard 100 national guard was sent to Cedar Rapids to help clean up the streets, etc.

I pretty much hate people these days.

Just a few examples:

Wood flooring is being installed in the unit directly above me. Saw the materials set up right outside the building front door with tools and such. Bad enough I had to listen to the pounding and power saw all day Thursday and Friday while working, but Thursday it went to nearly midnight. Condo association quiet hours are from 10pm to 8 am. I ended up calling the cops about 11:30pm. This morning the guy doing the work accosts me while I'm going out to my car and starts yelling at me for calling the cops. I simply told him what the quiet hours are and would he like someone to be pounding and sawing over his head while trying to sleep? Young rough looking guy. He finally shut up when I told him I'd keep calling the cops if he was making noise after 10pm. I was armed. I always am, these days.

Grocery shopping the last few weeks. I shop for me and a senior friend at a large chain grocery store near her home. Aisles are still marked one way. People will park their carts in the middle of the aisle while they are wandering the shelves looking for items. I have had numerous people REFUSE to move their carts so others can get by, start screaming when you ask them to please move their carts, and all in all, just effing freak out. I just give them my death stare and walk away muttering loudly under my breath about entitled snowflakes.

There is an elderly woman who has appeared in my complex parking lot multiple times lately, accusing people of taking "her" spot right by the building door. The other one right by the door is a signed handicapped spot. I don't know who she is. She won't say. I don't know if she lives here or not. She doesn't have the complex parking sticker on her car. I've moved my car into the empty spot as it's easier to load dive gear. She screams and screams. I simply tell to to eff off and shut up. The last time she did it, I called the cops AND I called the towing company the condo association has contracted with. The cops came and talked with her. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had called about her. And yes, her car did get towed.

Some idiot at the grocery store decided she didn't like my neck gaiter that I wear as a mask and went after me about it. Her mask was around her chin. She got called an "ignorant twat."

I was walking slowly through grocery store parking lot into the store and got yelled at for walking slow. It was at a stop sign. My knees were really bothering me that day. It was a human jabba the hut that requires a scooter to get around. I'd seen her getting into her car when I pulled into a parking spot. She was not happy when I called her a "fat b----h."

I have absolutely no patience for stupid people and I get nasty, really nasty. I don't start stuff with people (such as those not wearing masks, etc.), but if you start something with me, you're going to get a taste of your own medicine.

When it hit 10 why not just ask them if they would stop laying the floor since it was quiet time? I have been to Chicago many times and find the people rude. Couldn’t pay me to live there. The other things you mentioned have never happened anywhere I have lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When it hit 10 why not just ask them if they would stop laying the floor since it was quiet time? I have been to Chicago many times and find the people rude. Couldn’t pay me to live there. The other things you mentioned have never happened anywhere I have lived.
    The stairs to the second floor are nasty and I avoid steps with my knees. I’ve had noise issues with that unit over the years (been here 12 years). I got such a nasty reaction when I asked the people up there once to turn down the music that I’m not even going to ask. If you’re stupid enough to think that pounding and running loud power tools late at night is just okay, then you deserve to get the cops called on you.

I live far out in the burbs and not in Sh*tcago.

My sister lives in a nice suburb there and people are still entitled and crappy. My theory is it’s because of the sheer number of people.

I have stayed so far away from people that they have no opportunity to really irritate me now.

However, the renters in the house next door tried really hard. Their music could be heard thru two house walls and across the alley between our two houses. I made trip #1 over there to see where the music was coming from but did not knock on their door. Then trip #2 when I could not stand it anymore. Got as far as their front walk and it was suddenly shut off. I suspect a Ring Camera and they saw a short irritated woman walking up to their house. Have never heard it again.

Daily Peeve: Facebook memes widely shared that are no more than a dozen words, yet have spelling or grammatical errors in them. Come on--can't you get a dozen words right before blasting them out to the internet stratosphere??

Trigger for this peeve: A meme a cousin-in-law shared: "There is more airplanes underwater than there are submarines in the sky."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Daily Peeve: Facebook memes widely shared that are no more than a dozen words, yet have spelling or grammatical errors in them. Come on--can't you get a dozen words right before blasting them out to the internet stratosphere??

Trigger for this peeve: A meme a cousin-in-law shared: "There is more airplanes underwater than there are submarines in the sky."
    That's a big peeve of mine, as well.

Thread Information