Page 158 of 421 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

The Escape is ok. I like them for my college age boys but I sure miss my big Durango. I run out of storage space when I need to haul things in the Escape. Plus my Durango was a unique dark Teal color. I could always find it in a parking lot. I can't tell you how many times I've parked either between two other red Escapes or come out of the store to find two red Escapes parked on either side of my red one. Mine has a lot of chrome so it sets it apart a little but not much. Alex drives a pollen green color one so he rarely needs to wash. I'd even go back to silver again that hides dirt good. Mom's new one is dark grey and she doesn't like the color.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I drove a black Escape Hybrid for 9 years and 190,000 miles. I only got rid of it because it was starting to show signs of rust and the batteries were due to be replaced. I still miss it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I wanted a hybrid really badly, but dh vetoed it because of the battery issue (anything in my price range would need a new one soon)

i had a durango too (a red one) for a long time. Loved the cargo space. I once put two goats; three rabbits in cages; a wheelbarrow; a shovel; a broom; a cooler; a bale of hay; three kids; assorted buckets, clothing, project books, papers and ribbons; and a chicken in it. The chicken had to ride on the dash. The crash rating was terrible though. When I found that out I was deeply grateful that all 3 teenagers survived driving it for years.

Have to tell about my car experience today. I came out of a store and was talking to the woman next to me in the parking lot. I looked over and a guy was standing by my car really irritated pushing his automatic door opener. I said to him, "Do you realize you are trying to open my car?" The look on his face was priceless!!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Have to tell about my car experience today. I came out of a store and was talking to the woman next to me in the parking lot. I looked over and a guy was standing by my car really irritated pushing his automatic door opener. I said to him, "Do you realize you are trying to open my car?" The look on his face was priceless!!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Hold onto your hat CL.....I have owned no less than six Escapes. I find them to be average as far as reliability but I had a good friend that was the garage manager at the local ford dealer and he took care of every problem I had. My pet peeve is rattles and I can be very OCD when it comes to car noises. I have been know to trade a car in because of an unresolved rattle. Yeah. Nuts.
    Seems fairly common IMHE, with LEO who spend a lot of time in their vehicles. They get to know every sound, every rattle, and can feel every tell that most seem to ignore or be blissfully unaware of.

Yppej
    The dealership where I bought my car continues to spam me. Today I wrote my first ever Yelp review blasting them.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The dealership where I bought my car continues to spam me. Today I wrote my first ever Yelp review blasting them.
    Perhpas if you have the time, you could “test drive” cars until they ask you not to come back.

Yppej
    They are violating do not contact laws so I may try to sic the government on them next. I emailed them asking them to pay me my $500.00 for violating do not call laws and I left an earful in the GM's voice mail. After all, they clog up my voice mail.

Facebook is a good site to post problems like this on their business site for others to see. I had several experiences and posted exactly what happened on their business media sites. Then I email them and send a Facebook message. Occasionally I will give them the benefit of the doubt and message first. Depends on what chances they have had before and how responsive. ps: I send compliments also.

A hospital gave my personal phone number and name to a robo calling company (I had a "bad" bill which was actually fully paid and caused by their faulty processes). You should have heard me and seen my very clear very negative info on their various social media sites.

Thread Information