Page 176 of 422 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

G, my old dog has that too. It sucks,

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I have a vestibular issue and the medication I have to take for it is so awful. Without the meds I have no sense of balance and insane tinnitus; with the meds I have a constant headache, upset stomach, fatigue, and feel like all the joy of life is sucked out of me. Sux.
    Sadly I think you win the peeve of the day award. I wish I could offer more than just an "I'm sorry you have to go through this. It sounds gawdawful."

Unfortunately, no. It's a nerve compression syndrome, similar to trigeminal neuralgis. Pretty rare (or at least rarely diagnosed) - it's called vestibular paroxysmia. I've tried alternatives but the meds are the only thing that keep me functioning, albeit somewhat miserably. I've had numerous bouts; it usually lasts 3-6 months.
    Here's hoping this is a short one!

(I actually suspect this problem is relatively common but doctors just don't know about it. They hear "tinnitus" and just throw up their hands.)
    I hope this bout is short and your last one. I've heard trigeminal neuralgia is hellish. Isn't aging fun!

Unfortunately, no. It's a nerve compression syndrome, similar to trigeminal neuralgis. Pretty rare (or at least rarely diagnosed) - it's called vestibular paroxysmia. I've tried alternatives but the meds are the only thing that keep me functioning, albeit somewhat miserably. I've had numerous bouts; it usually lasts 3-6 months.
    Here's hoping this is a short one!

(I actually suspect this problem is relatively common but doctors just don't know about it. They hear "tinnitus" and just throw up their hands.)
    So very sorry to hear this Gardenarian. In the past, I've had dizziness and tinnitus and it's just awful. I hope it passes soon for you. I have constant pulsatile tinnitus, but I've learned to ignore it. But it's pretty hard to ignore louder tinnitus and balance problems. Have you tried something like the Lipo-Flavinoid? I'm curious what med you are on for this. Is there any surgery for this?

Yppej
    Saying the same thing 4 times. I have stopped watching the CBS Evening News for this reason.

1. Local news on before has national news anchor come on to tell what the big stories will be.
    2. As music plays at the start of the broadcast snippets of the main stories are presented.
    3. Then the anchor says those stories just ahead, but first the four top stories and they get maybe 30 seconds each.
    4. Then the main stories are presented in detail.

I am now watching either ABC or NBC.

Thanks for asking, CathyA.
    The surgery is experimental and dangerous - no thanks!

I've tried alpha lipoic acid, which has helped with neuropathy, but no supplements seem to touch this.

The medicine is carbamazepine. Some people don't have much trouble with it, but I just hate it.

And 7 months to get an appointment with a neurologist! That's one of the drawbacks of living in a small city.

I wonder if some combination of THC and CBD would help...
    Found this:
    CBD Oil May Help Vertigo and Tinnitus. Vertigo is brought on by specific changes in the position of your head. It is caused by calcium crystals floating in the canals of the ear. ... CBD oil has been known to stop the spinning and help resolve the nausea caused by the dizziness.

CBD doesn't help for my problem; I did try it.
    Also have tried acupuncture, craniosacral massage, and everything else imaginable.

I'm hoping the neurologist can find a medication with fewer side effects, or help me with the dosage to minimize them. (Apparently even the different generic versions of carbamazepine have great differences in side effects.)

My GP and ENT know nothing about this subject and are just prescribing based on the peer-reviewed journal articles I send them. So I'm basically self-treating.

Anyhow, I'm still riding my bike doing a lot of dance (though I have increasing difficulty with my sense of right and left.)

Another GD T-shirt. I participated in an event and a T-shirt for the event was forced on me. I did not want it. It had my name on it, someone had gone to some sort of special effort to get the T-shirt for me, so I did not turn it down but UGG.

I hate this free T-shirts that seem to come with everything.

ps this is now two t shirts in two months that
    I did not want.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-8-18 at 4:50pm.

I hate free t-shirts too and don’t wear them. Pretty hard to take it to the thrift store with your name on it. Ugh!

Thread Information