Page 245 of 422 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Silver maples are a little junky. That’s what we have in front of our house. I hope you are planting quality trees for the time this maple lets you down.

My husband’s surgery went well. However, they were running behind so didn’t get home until 8pm. Because of new laws the doctor had to hand write the prescription for pain medication. Thankfully we had some leftovers from a previous surgery because it was too late to fill them.

Glad the surgery went well; hope he has a smooth recovery.

Terry, glad to hear.

Good that it all got done and both home safe and sound. Now both can relax and let healing unfold. Stressful time.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Glad to hear that all went well. Hope the healing goes quickly.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Not sure where to post this.....

Heard from friends in Cedar Rapids, IA today. They were hit with strong winds/tornado on Monday. They have been without electricity since then. She commented they were lucky in that their house is still in tact. Saw in the paper here today that they could be without power for possibly another 5 days.

Imagine.... If you are like me... you have been keeping freezer fully stocked..... everything destroyed!!! And spoiled me.... no air conditioning.

We have relatives all over Northern Iowa. Trees down, electric service down, the usual with flatland high winds.

Two years ago we were in that area for a lily convention and had to stay overnight with my brother because huge storms and flash floods interfered with us getting back to our hotel. Fortunately we had brought our dog with us to visit my brother so we had no reason why we had to get back to the hotel that night.

The year 2020 is showing all of us how fragile our various plans for future security are. Think: freezer full of food, portfolio full of stocks, pension with only 5 years left to go, health insurance tied to employment, reliance on public transportation, etc

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We have relatives all over Northern Iowa. Trees down, electric service down, the usual with flatland high winds.

Two years ago we were in that area for a lily convention and had to stay overnight with my brother because huge storms and flash floods interfered with us getting back to our hotel. Fortunately we had brought our dog with us to visit my brother so we had no reason why we had to get back to the hotel that night.
    Flatline? That was a derecho Monday! Half a million folks in the Chicago area had no power due to that storm. It spawned something like 12 tornadoes in northern IL. It missed my area, but some saw 100 mph winds.

Thread Information